LAst Minute decisions Brown vs MCW vs Arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZAZA67401

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to still pick my #1...between Brown vs University of Arizona vs MCW? Anyone have any last minute ideas on which one to pick? Brown and MCW are well known, but Tucson is nice too...so hard. Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm in similar shoes in terms of deciding where Brown will be on my list. I can't speak about MCW or Arizona, but I will tell you this about Brown: the residents and faculty are WONDERFUL. The faculty love to teach! Morning report and noon conference are fantastic (i.e., practical, useful, interesting). Because there are fewer fellows, you get a lot of one-on-one time with the attendings.

I can imagine that it's a tough decision for you (since i'm also struggling with a similar dilemma).

Good luck!

MCW is a great place but very inpatient centered, in case you want more outpatient. I don't know about the other two, but just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCW is a great place but very inpatient centered, in case you want more outpatient. I don't know about the other two, but just my 2 cents.

ZAZA, I looked at both Arizona and MCW (in addition to many other west/midwest programs. I really liked both and matched here at MCW/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. I have loved my decision to rank MCW highly. Email or message me if you have any specific questions.

In terms of Inpatient vx Outpatient experience, our interns have a lot of inpatient months and thus may have a more inpatient-centric experience initially. As a now 3rd year, I feel like I have gotten more than enough outpatient experience (both general and subspecialty). I think because of the RRC works you will get very similar lengths of inpatient/outpatient at each program - it just depends on how each decides to implement it.

ZAZA, I looked at both Arizona and MCW (in addition to many other west/midwest programs. I really liked both and matched here at MCW/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. I have loved my decision to rank MCW highly. Email or message me if you have any specific questions.

In terms of Inpatient vx Outpatient experience, our interns have a lot of inpatient months and thus may have a more inpatient-centric experience initially. As a now 3rd year, I feel like I have gotten more than enough outpatient experience (both general and subspecialty). I think because of the RRC works you will get very similar lengths of inpatient/outpatient at each program - it just depends on how each decides to implement it.

Oops. Just realized that rank list were finalized on the 25th. Maybe this will be helpful for next year's applicants. Good luck with the match everybody!