Last minute Q’s, submitting today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aperson342394

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends!

I’m hoping to submit today, and was wondering if anyone could give me a last minute critique of my school list.

My stats are 3.6/503–>512, sgpa 3.6. IL Resident, ORM

TONS of service on app, most interesting part of app with sustained Leadership experience with the homeless. ~1000 hrs over multiple service activities, (~700 with my work with the homeless (also have an LOR from this experience))

Also on the national board of a 1000 person plus nonprofit dedicated towards covid relief (I didn’t do this for the app I promise my grandpa died and I was sad and I just wanted to do something to help people instead of sit In my room and be sad)

2 years as a TA for students from academically underserved backgrounds

~500 clinical hrs spread out over EMT volunteering, triage volunteering at a free clinic, and 75 hrs of hospital volunteering

~100 hours of shadowing

~500 hrs research, with 3 abstracts and a poster

People who have read my essays have really liked them and told me they are strong

Thank you so much!! Just need to get in somewhere this year. Preferably in a big city, but I will be overjoyed at any acceptance.

School list:

Albany Medical College

Central Michigan University COM

Rosalind Franklin

Cooper

Creighton

Drexel

EVMS

Netter

GWU

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Temple

Jacobs School of Medicine

Loyola

MCW

MSU COM

NYMC

Nova Southeastern

U of Vermont

Rush

Rutgers

Wake Forest

Sidney Kimmel Thomas Jefferson

SUNY Downstate

Tufts

Tulane

UIC COM

Wayne State

Wright State

Iowa

VCU

Florida Atlantic

Albert Einstein

Also want to apply to ONE T20. Just one. Just in case some kind soul out there thinks I Have potential despite my Stats being low for T20’s. I’m thinking Columbia or Sinai bc NYC is my dream locale.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends!

I’m hoping to submit today, and was wondering if anyone could give me a last minute critique of my school list.

My stats are 3.6/503–>512, sgpa 3.6. IL Resident, ORM

TONS of service on app, most interesting part of app with sustained Leadership experience with the homeless. ~1000 hrs over multiple service activities, (~700 with my work with the homeless (also have an LOR from this experience))

Also on the national board of a 1000 person plus nonprofit dedicated towards covid relief (I didn’t do this for the app I promise my grandpa died and I was sad and I just wanted to do something to help people instead of sit In my room and be sad)

2 years as a TA for students from academically underserved backgrounds

~500 clinical hrs spread out over EMT volunteering, triage volunteering at a free clinic, and 75 hrs of hospital volunteering

~100 hours of shadowing

~500 hrs research, with 3 abstracts and a poster

People who have read my essays have really liked them and told me they are strong

Thank you so much!! Just need to get in somewhere this year. Preferably in a big city, but I will be overjoyed at any acceptance.

School list:

Albany Medical College

Central Michigan University COM

Rosalind Franklin

Cooper

Creighton

Drexel

EVMS

Netter

GWU

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Temple

Jacobs School of Medicine

Loyola

MCW

MSU COM

NYMC

Nova Southeastern

U of Vermont

Rush

Rutgers

Wake Forest

Sidney Kimmel Thomas Jefferson

SUNY Downstate

Tufts

Tulane

UIC COM

Wayne State

Wright State

Iowa

VCU

Florida Atlantic

Albert Einstein

Also want to apply to ONE T20. Just one. Just in case some kind soul out there thinks I Have potential despite my Stats being low for T20’s. I’m thinking Columbia or Sinai bc NYC is my dream locale.
Well, there are probably 40 schools in the T20, but they don't need to donations.
FAU, Jacobs, SUNY DS, Rutgers, Einstein, Central MI, Cooper are also donations. State schools favor the home team.

Have you seen MSU's OOS tuition???

As a 2x MCAT taker, you should have some DO schools on the list.

Suggest adding these schools:
NYU-LI
Dartmouth (maybe for 511)
Rochester (maybe for 510+)
Emory
U CO
Tufts
Pitt (maybe)
U WI
U VM
Miami

Hi Goro! I’m so honored that you decided to respond to my post! Please give your cat some pets for me :)

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Quick question: is Dartmouth known to take applicants like me? On MSAR their MCAT median is 516, and median GPA is ~3.8. I will apply and hope for the best! Just surprised bc its such a top school. What do you mean by “maybe 511”?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Goro! I’m so honored that you decided to respond to my post! Please give your cat some pets for me :)

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Quick question: is Dartmouth known to take applicants like me? On MSAR their MCAT median is 516, and median GPA is ~3.8. I will apply and hope for the best! Just surprised bc its such a top school. What do you mean by “maybe 511”?
You're in Striking Distance., above their 10th %ile

Reactions: 1 user