Last minute studying for bio section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my exam in a few days. I'm scoring well on other sections except bio individual practice scores are in the 13-16 range. How do I study bio last minute? I heard studying practice exams is efficient?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my exam in a few days. I'm scoring well on other sections except bio individual practice scores are in the 13-16 range. How do I study bio last minute? I heard studying practice exams is efficient?
As many know I am not a big fan of timed test, but from my experience on these forums that Bio score is low and not sure it is possible in 2 days you can make major improvments . The Bio score does impact you TS score greatly and with it being the first section of the test if you don't feel confident or are presented problems you can't answer it causes stress that can affect the rest of the exam. IMO if possible I would reschedule until you feel more confident.

Just my 2 cents, perhaps others will chime in too.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Biology is such a broad reaching topic on the DAT, so it's hard to say for sure how you will do come exam day. Maybe they will test all of the things you know and you'll end up doing fine. It's possible they'll test things you don't know well and you'll end up scoring poorly. Either way, with scores in the 13-16 range, I do think it would be worth your time to consider pushing back your DAT for a few weeks to really solidify your biology knowledge. To get my foundation, I used the Dr. Romano's Dynamite Bio Review. Regardless of what you use though, you need to build that solid base of knowledge before attempting more practice tests and the actual exam, or you'll end up getting the same exact scores. Foundational knowledge is key for biology - question answering should come naturally afterwards.

I know this is a lot to think about and may cause some worries, but it's worth considering.

Best of luck!