Last question before my DAT tomorrow...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TarheelKid24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few quick bio. questions....

I read these in Schaum's and wanted to make sure they were correct...

DERMIS arises from MESODERM (it is more of a connective tissue)
NOTOCHORD arises from MESODERM
ADRENAL CORTEX arises from ECTODERM (since it is in such close association with the sympathetic nervous system) even though the kidney itself originates from the mesoderm.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few quick bio. questions....

I read these in Schaum's and wanted to make sure they were correct...

DERMIS arises from MESODERM (it is more of a connective tissue)
NOTOCHORD arises from MESODERM
ADRENAL CORTEX arises from ECTODERM (since it is in such close association with the sympathetic nervous system) even though the kidney itself originates from the mesoderm.

Dermis=Meso
Adernal cortex=Endo b/c it will be consider a gland and all the glands are endo
Kidney= meso
Notochord=Meso

And do no forget that adernal medulla will be consider ecto since it is related to nervous system,hence it's secretions epinephrine and norepinephrine will stimulate sympathetic nervous system.

not to confuse u or anything, but neural tube derives from the ectoderm...notocord derives from mesoderm...just thought i would make sure you know the difference!!! good luck tomorrow!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, right I meant to put adrenal medulla as arises from the ectoderm NOT the adrenal cortex (mesoderm)...sorry about that

thanks and good luck to you too...

I will post tomorrow at some point to let you know how it went and how I studied...