Last Semester Senior Year Grades

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RedAlbatross

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much of an affect will last semester senior year grades have on my ability to get a research opportunity or a clinical shadowing position? I might get a B in chemistry this semester...as opposed to B+ and A- in previous semesters and I am worried that this will have a negative impact when I am applying for a position in research/clinical shadowing at a hospital. I am expecting to have two B's overall.

P.S. Sorry I know this question may be annoying.
 
Last edited:
How much of an affect will last semester senior year grades have on my ability to get a research opportunity or a clinical shadowing position? I might get a B in chemistry this semester...as opposed to B+ and A- in previous semesters and I am worried that this will have a negative impact when I am applying for a position in research/clinical shadowing at a hospital. I am expecting to have two B's overall.

P.S. Sorry I know this question may be annoying.

None whatsoever.
 
This will not even vaguely affect your prospects at the collegiate level. In fact, no one will ever look at those grades.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank God lol, I was so worried. Out of curiosity, what will be looked at? Will it just be college grades? What if its freshman year of college?
 
Last edited:
Thank God lol, I was so worried. Out of curiosity, what will be looked at? Will it just be college grades? What if its freshman year of college?

College achievements and networking. If it's freshman year, it will probably hinge entirely on how you did in so-and-so's class. As you progress in college, yeah, you'll probably be asked to trot out the ol' college transcript & resume once in awhile when you want to volunteer in someone's research lab. But even then, it's more likely to come down to networking and who you know.