Last years avg scores???

Started by OBfan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

O

OBfan

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,
I'm not writing this email to offend anyone just wanted to get some feedback. I am actually going into OBGYN but prior to my exposure to obgyn I thought for sure that I was going to go into PM and R (physiatry). I used to work with a doc who specialized in the field in South Florida and I found it fascinating. I was always under the impression that it was a very difficult residency to get. But, I was just looking at the avg board scores for 2005-2006 and it had listed that the avg scores for PMR were lower than Family medicine. Is that some kind of mistake?
THanks
 
From what I've heard its not really the board scores that have made it so competative lately...its that there are a small number of spots available (less then 400 last time I looked) and an increasing number of applicants to it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...the # of applicants have gone down.

the total # may have gone down however the number of US grads keeps rising whereas the number of international grads has gone down. There seems to be a big surge of osteopathic grads of late.
 
My feeling is that in PM&R, if you want a spot it should be pretty open to average US medical students. If you want to match at a great institution, its pretty competitive, because there are less spots and some stellar applicants just like in any other field. Matching at a less reputable institution can also affect how accessible certain fellowship programs are.