Late App - Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msummar_smc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was the latest anyone applied to dental school and gained acceptance? November, December, January?

If you don't mind, please list the school and what your stats were please.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey There,
My AADSAS was mailed to schools Nov 10th. I don't know if you consider that late, but I do. I got into Tufts, Nova and BU. I got interviews at Temple, NYU and alternate list at Case which I skipped. I got waitlisted at Creighton and rejected from all other schools. I had 19's on every section of the DAT and 3.4/3.4 GPA (at least I am consistent). I felt like I was really late in the cycle and didn't find out about my first acceptance until Mid-February. Hope that helps but you are probably talking about this acceptance cycle.
Take care

Jessica

I applied end of november and my application was completed in Jan. (recs). Accepted to Stony Brook, Upenn, Maryland and Buffalo. Didnt go to the rest of my interviews (temple, BU, NJ)after I found out about Stony Brook. no interviews from Uconn, arizona and columbia. dat aa:22 pat:17 gpa 3.9/3.98.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied early but took DATs last week of December. Interviewed at Temple, NYU, Tufts, and BU...accepted at NYU and BU and waitlisted at Tufts. 3.0GPA and 19s and 20s on DAT.

koogrl said:
Applied early but took DATs last week of December. Interviewed at Temple, NYU, Tufts, and BU...accepted at NYU and BU and waitlisted at Tufts. 3.0GPA and 19s and 20s on DAT.

From what I understand from reading this board, getting accepted after applying late and a 3.0GPA is very difficult. Congrats! Did you pick NYU or BU?

My aadsas ap. was sent Dec. 30. DON'T APPLY LATE! I was rejected everywhere (Meharry, etc.), except NYU. Had interview at BU as well, but still have not heard back. APPLYING LATE leads to the ANGUISH AND ANXIETY of having know idea what you are doing for what seems like an eternity after everyone else. 3.4/19-academic/18-pat Good Luck!

Glad to see we've ended the speculation...the only way to get in if you apply late is if you're a very well qualified candidate. The lesson: the rest of us need to apply early.

I applied in August (AADSAS sent app in Sep), and a school told me they thought I applied late.

I submitted my AADSAS on Nov. 25, and got into UPitt (which has a Dec. 1 deadline IIRC...*whew*). GPA: 3.6 (cum)/3.7 (sci), DAT: 24 (aa)/19 (pat)

It was very depressing to repeatedly be told by admissions personnel at rejecting schools that I would definitely have been accepted if only I had applied a few months earlier. Don't be a fool like me. APPLY EARLY!!!!!

We had a guy that got accepted the first week of school. He was waitlisted, and a guy backed out during the first week, and they offered him the spot. They made fun of him for a while, but then he turned out to be in the top 5 of our class!!!!

I sent my aadsas application in Aug 2003, but took the DAT in Nov 2003. I was lucky to get accepted to my 1st choice school, given that I applied late. My stats were 3.6/3.6 and 23/17.

aileen said:
I sent my aadsas application in Aug 2003, but took the DAT in Nov 2003. I was lucky to get accepted to my 1st choice school, given that I applied late. My stats were 3.6/3.6 and 23/17.

I think you were very well qualified, much more so than lucky.

Submitted AADSAS Dec 22, last LOR was received by AADSAS Dec 31, application was sent out in a very late AADSAS mailing on Jan 6-7.

Acceptances: UPenn, UOP, USC, UCSF, UCLA, Nova, Temple, NYU, Columbia, Harvard
Rejections: all state schools (except California, where I'm a resident), Howard, Meharry

ziptree said:
Submitted AADSAS Dec 22, last LOR was received by AADSAS Dec 31, application was sent out in a very late AADSAS mailing on Jan 6-7.

Acceptances: UPenn, UOP, USC, UCSF, UCLA, Nova, Temple, NYU, Columbia, Harvard
Rejections: all state schools (except California, where I'm a resident), Howard, Meharry

I am assuming your stats are more than competitive????