Late applicants please read..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student2121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so my application wasn't mailed out until the 23rd of September, and I'm sure there is quite a few of you in the same position. For those who had their application mailed out close to my date: Have you heard anything from the schools yet? Interviews? Rejections? Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Applied:9 schools
Submitted app early in summer, completed apps and secondaries and dat after 24th of september

So far...
2 Interviews (1 MCG, 1 CASE)
1 Rejection (Nova)

Rest are under review

Stay positive man!

hi i applied end of august (28th) took DATs on sept 15th schools received DATs on oct14th. No interviews. Some schools received it a week ago. I guess it depends what schools you applied 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so my application wasn't mailed out until the 23rd of September, and I'm sure there is quite a few of you in the same position. For those who had their application mailed out close to my date: Have you heard anything from the schools yet? Interviews? Rejections? Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
Mailed out Sept 29, one interview, one "hold for comparison", and the rest "under review". I also wrote DAT on Sept 19.

Congrats, probably b/c of your GPA and DAT scores. Hope I hear something soon too..

Mailed out Sept 29, one interview, one "hold for comparison", and the rest "under review". I also wrote DAT on Sept 19.

High gpa from Canada (wrote DAT:))...nice....

My application was mailed out September 15.

So far I have 3 rejections and 1 interview....

depends on the school, some schools (public) might not take any international students. Some private schools dont discriminiate.

I agree. Would you say that it's more difficult/competitive to gain admission as an international student?

I'm in the same position as you coming from Canada, only with a GPA a couple points lower.. I applied to the schools where they accept international students as readily as domestic, like NYU, BU, Nova, etc. I was just curious if people who applied later have started to hear anything.

I agree. Would you say that it's more difficult/competitive to gain admission as an international student?

I think it is a lot harder for Canadians to get accepted even to private schools...I think they first give priority to American students..

My app was mailed out on the 8th of September, 1 interview, 0 rejections...just playing the waiting game. It's tough trying to be patient and staying positive, especially reading threads with people that have between 7-13 interviews. I only applied to six schools and am hoping for the best. Good Luck everyone!!!

aadsas mailed out sept. 22nd. 2 interviews...and waiting for other schools. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good Luck to all you late applicants

It is difficult to assess how competitive admission is for international students since there are no data on the number of applicants and their stats. Suffice it to say, that contrary to assertions by others, international students do not compete with those in the domestic applicant pool. Weather the schools are private or public, there are going to be a limited number of slots that are allocated to out of state/international students. Thus, out of state applicants compete only with out of state applicants and not with the those in state. By extension, international students compete only with other international applicants and not with citizens/permanent residents.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527533

depends on the school, some schools (public) might not take any international students. Some private schools dont discriminiate.

The claim of discrimination may be a little too harsh. The mission of US dental schools is to train dentists for the US market and not necessarily for the world at large.

Last edited: