Late Application, Late DAT, Any chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deniz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am submitting my application today, but I still need to send my paper LOE to ADA next week because I am getting my last letter of E next week. I am taking DAT on Aug 28th. Don't you guys think it is a littel late? since the application process takes 4-8 weeks, is it a good idea to change my DAT date to mid september because my application may not be processed by the end of Aug????
Also, I am confused about how to send official transcripts to ADA:confused: .I can't find the matching forms they are talking about.
Please help me

Members don't see this ad.

The earlier the better, of course, but if you get a great DAT and have some unique qualities to your application, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll just be waiting longer than most! If you're DAT is not great, you may want to wait until next year . . . save yourself some nail-biting and money.

Good Luck!

I am in the same position, what is a great DAT? Do I have a chance with a 3.5 GPA and I am planning to write at the end of August? Is a month and a half enough for the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
A 20 or higher, and you're golden with a 3.5, even if its a bit 'late'. I didn't take my DATs until September 1st because I work full time and only had nights to study, so I needed longer to prepare. If you aren't doing much else but studying, I think a month and half should be plenty of time. Try to take at least 4 or 5 practice tests before the real one. I think that is what was most helpful.

Good luck!

Hi, I am submitting my application today, but I still need to send my paper LOE to ADA next week because I am getting my last letter of E next week. I am taking DAT on Aug 28th. Don't you guys think it is a littel late? since the application process takes 4-8 weeks, is it a good idea to change my DAT date to mid september because my application may not be processed by the end of Aug????
Also, I am confused about how to send official transcripts to ADA:confused: .I can't find the matching forms they are talking about.
Please help me

When you fill out the application, under the "college attended (transcript matching form)" in my application check list, there is a print button under transcript matching form

A 20 or higher, and you're golden with a 3.5, even if its a bit 'late'. I didn't take my DATs until September 1st because I work full time and only had nights to study, so I needed longer to prepare. If you aren't doing much else but studying, I think a month and half should be plenty of time. Try to take at least 4 or 5 practice tests before the real one. I think that is what was most helpful.

Good luck!

I think it differs from person to person. I just took the DAT this past saturday and studied for 3 hrs/day for a month (I work full time too). It got me my 20! good luck studying! :)

Please help me

The transcripts forms- once you add the new info about the school it will come up and you can print it.

Theres no date for late or early but people are going to be getting interview invites so hopefully youll have good scores. One important thing is to make sure your transcripts are in so yor gpa can get verified otherwise youll lose a few weeks then which is very valuable. Get it dont now and it can be mailed even before your DATs then youll just update it then.