"Late" application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EuanF

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, and please excuse me for this slightly silly post. I didn't want to clutter the main 2016-17 app thread.

I realize that it is still only June, and that AMCAS opened for submission later this year on the 7th, but I was just wondering if my finally being ready to submit my app now would prevent me from getting secondaries sometime next month?

I've been looking around, and it seems like there will be a delay for several weeks due to the volume of applications. I was really hoping to be as early as I could be to help with my somewhat unique-ish situation! Have I missed the boat to meet the adage of "applying early"?

I'd appreciate anyone's perspective!

Members don't see this ad.

The wait will be getting verified. If you submit your primary and list most or all of the schools you are applying to, some will automatically send you a secondary when they get your name/address. Others will wait until you are verified and they get your primary from AMCAS.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

The wait will be getting verified. If you submit your primary and list most or all of the schools you are applying to, some will automatically send you a secondary when they get your name/address. Others will wait until you are verified and they get your primary from AMCAS.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
Thanks! My application is "under review", and so I think I should have clarified that I was asking about the expected time for verification from now, and if that would preclude being "early".

(I was under the impression that I won't be hearing from anyone until AMCAS reviews my transcript and verifies my application)

Members don't see this ad :)
The whole getting your apps in early is a little overblown. If you just submitted, you're completely fine. From my experience, stats play a bigger role than the timing of application.

You're fine. I believe most schools don't even send out secondaries until early July? Correct me if I'm wrong lol

Quick question: My mcat is completed and verified without the MCAT. I started to get a couple of secondaries as well, but my MCAT score will not be released until early august. Would my application be considered late and uncompetitive?

Sorry for intruding on this post! You guys seem to know what's up :)

Quick question: My mcat is completed and verified without the MCAT. I started to get a couple of secondaries as well, but my MCAT score will not be released until early august. Would my application be considered late and uncompetitive?

Sorry for intruding on this post! You guys seem to know what's up :)

Again stats will have a greater impact, but no, August is not typically late to be verified. You may still have secondaries to submit from schools that do not screen your MCAT.

Last edited: