Late Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OOOOOO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when a qualified applicant can expect to be contacted for an interview if their applications were complete around the beginning of November? I know that the chances of getting interviews decrease as time goes on into the cycle, but does anyone out there have any information on this kind of situation? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OOOOOO said:
Does anyone know when a qualified applicant can expect to be contacted for an interview if their applications were complete around the beginning of November? I know that the chances of getting interviews decrease as time goes on into the cycle, but does anyone out there have any information on this kind of situation? Thanks.

To be honest, it is impossible for anyone on this forum to tell you when you will be invited for interviews. But, I can share my experience. First, let me tell you that I am a reapplicant.

Last year I sent in my aadsas on November 12. My first interview was at the end of December and last in mid february. I was invited to interview at 9 schools (Case, UNLV, Tufts, Temple, BU, Columbia, Creighton, USC and Loma Linda), was rejected by one (Loma Linda) and waitlisted by all the others (except USC because I didn't go). One of them, Tufts, granted me a deferred acceptance this last september to begin attending fall 2006. I felt I was well qualified at the time with my 3.5 GPA and 22 DAT, but in retrospect realize I would have needed something a little stronger to have actually gained 2005 admission so late in the game. So, here I am slugging it out again.

I hope you have better luck than I did. :luck:

OOOOOO said:

...here's an Idea....ask the hundreds of more qualified people than you that submitted there apps in July that haven't interviewed yet...there's only like, maybe a 1000 or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gulch said:
To be honest, it is impossible for anyone on this forum to tell you when you will be invited for interviews. But, I can share my experience. First, let me tell you that I am a reapplicant.

Last year I sent in my aadsas on November 12. My first interview was at the end of December and last in mid february. I was invited to interview at 9 schools (Case, UNLV, Tufts, Temple, BU, Columbia, Creighton, USC and Loma Linda), was rejected by one (Loma Linda) and waitlisted by all the others (except USC because I didn't go). One of them, Tufts, granted me a deferred acceptance this last september to begin attending fall 2006. I felt I was well qualified at the time with my 3.5 GPA and 22 DAT, but in retrospect realize I would have needed something a little stronger to have actually gained 2005 admission so late in the game. So, here I am slugging it out again.

Thanks for the input, at least you have Tufts to fall back on this year. You seem to be a stronger applicant than me (3.4 GPA, 19AA/19TS/20PA) so I'm worried but still hoping for a chance.

VegasBabyVegas said:
...here's an Idea....ask the hundreds of more qualified people than you that submitted there apps in July that haven't interviewed yet...there's only like, maybe a 1000 or so.

Thanks for the helpful comment.....don't you have anything better to do that to be a prick?

OOOOOO said:
Thanks for the helpful comment.....don't you have anything better to do that to be a prick?

OOOOOO!

Gulch said:

Waitlisted at all of them? Oh my god. Things really don't look good for me then.

EyeAmCommi said:
Waitlisted at all of them? Oh my god. Things really don't look good for me then.

We're just looking at numbers. It is totally possible that you have ec's going for you that I didn't. Buck up little camper, we're not done yet!!! But I would start sending gifts to adcoms or exploring your connections now. Or think about how you might spend another year out of school like I had to. It actually has been really fun. Just think of all the things you never have time to do. You might actually get the time this upcoming year. But then again, hopefully you get in somewhere...Seriously, I wish you only the best. Even if you are a Davis Commi. ;)

Gulch said:
We're just looking at numbers. It is totally possible that you have ec's going for you that I didn't. Buck up little camper, we're not done yet!!! But I would start sending gifts to adcoms or exploring your connections now. Or think about how you might spend another year out of school like I had to. It actually has been really fun. Just think of all the things you never have time to do. You might actually get the time this upcoming year. But then again, hopefully you get in somewhere...Seriously, I wish you only the best. Even if you are a Davis Commi. ;)

I guess I could travel and taste the different women across the world if I get rejected this cycle! Oh wait, nevermind. I'll be at home at my parent's house in the 'burbs watching SpongeBob with my 8 year old cousin day in and day out...awww reality bites.