Late Applications advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if I could get some advice on applying late. I know that it is a big disadvantage. I know that everyone, including myself would not recommend it. However, I have no choice for personal reasons. I was wondering if anyone could give me some names of some of the schools that have had reputations of late MCAT application acceptances? Has anyone had good experiences with certain schools applying late? Which schools dont care about late admissions, or have a good reputation of accepting late? Any help yould be so much appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last spring I went to a DO forum in Portland, OR. I (and at least one other student I know) talked to the Dean from Western COMP who encouraged us to apply for the upcoming year (2005). It was April, too late for AACOMAS…so they sent a direct application packet to be completed by the end of May to possibly do an interview in June. Now, I don't know if it was just for the NW track...but apparently they did still have a few seats left at that point in the year. This may totally be irrelevant for you...just my 2 cents.

(P.S. I didn't end up applying b/c I wanted to go through the whole cycle and learn about the other DO schools...and MD schools, for that matter).

I know DMU interviews until May 12th and maybe on the 19th too. I can tell you for a fact that as interviewers, we consider each interviewee on its own merits. We are never told to disregard or toughen our critques just b/c it late in the year. You will be a competitive applicant if you are a competitive applicant. If we reccommend to accept you, you will be in before anyone off the waitlist from the entire interview process.