Late applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pb_kines

DO Class of 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have submitted 10 apps total. 7 DO, 3 MD. I have three DO II, at NYITCOM-AR, ACOM, & LUCOM, with 1 MD rejection. I am thinking about submitting maybe 2 or 3 more DO apps, just would like some input on where I may have the best chance. Also, I am from a rural underserved town in the Southeast.
Stats: Non-trad
cGPA 3.37
sGPA 3.68
post-bacc GPA 3.72
MCAT 506
>4000 hours working in an ER and another ~500 as an EKG/tele tech
~300 non-clinical volunteer hours
~100 clinical volunteer hours
Leadership: was an assistant manager at a gym, member of an advisory committee in undergrad, peer mentor in undergrad
No research.

Schools I have applied too: ACOM, NYITCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM, RVUCOM, LMU-DCOM. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Good stats, good ECs, apply anywhere you'd want to go at this point really. I'm gonna shill for DMU a bit, loved their campus. Maybe throw an app their way?

Reactions: 1 user
Same as above, you seem to have pretty solid stats/ECs for most DO. I would say apply to schools that don't have strong regional preferences (so maybe not PNWU, VCOM, MSUCOM, etc.).

Edit: Since you're from the SE, maybe PCOM-GA? They do have strong regional preference.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a little late and your chances aren't quite as high at this point. If there's a school you haven't applied to that you really want to attend AND you think you stand a reasonable shot of getting into, go ahead. If you're satisfied with your current situation, leave as is.

So I have submitted 10 apps total. 7 DO, 3 MD. I have three DO II, at NYITCOM-AR, ACOM, & LUCOM, with 1 MD rejection. I am thinking about submitting maybe 2 or 3 more DO apps, just would like some input on where I may have the best chance. Also, I am from a rural underserved town in the Southeast.
cGPA 3.37
sGPA 3.68
post-bacc GPA 3.72
MCAT 506
Leadership: was an assistant manager at a gym, member of an advisory committee in undergrad, peer mentor in undergrad
No research.

Schools I have applied too: ACOM, NYITCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM, RVUCOM, LMU-DCOM. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance
Goro says that you are not late until T-giving

cGPA 3.37
sGPA 3.68
post-bacc GPA 3.72
MCAT 506
No research.

Any school you want!
I suggest
DMU
KCU
MUCOM
CCOM
VCOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-CA
Western (both)
Nova
UNECOM IF you're from the Northeast
PacNW IF you're from the West Coast
AZCOM
OHCOM

Any school you want!
I suggest
DMU
KCU
MUCOM
CCOM
VCOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-CA
Western (both)
Nova
UNECOM IF you're from the Northeast
PacNW IF you're from the West Coast
AZCOM
OHCOM
Awesome, thank you! I submitted DMU a couple days ago, I think I will throw in KCU as well.