"Late" Batch Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellofuturedentists

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically this thread is for anyone who didn't submit the second the application opened. Maybe we're not technically late, but we're definitely SDN late.

We can wallow here about how everyone else has 5 interviews and we don't!!

This is also so we don't clog up the Interview/Acceptance thread

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1440009514.694727.jpg

I'm done with that other thread

Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Batch #6 (I think?)

don't know how "late" that is

Reactions: 1 user
I think I'm 6 too? Whatever July 31 was. My advisor told me anything before August is early. SDN people are just extreme.

Anywho, I had to sign off my email so I don't have to be disappointed when I check it every 10 seconds lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anything after 1 is late and you shouldn't expect any interviews pre-december

Reactions: 9 users
I don't know what batch I am.... How does one figure it out?

Waiting for your GPA to be verified like
12442899.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
E-submitted 6/25, took the DAT on 7/29, and got my first interview invite today!

Reactions: 3 users
I heard batch 1 is also late. Batch .5 is where you really need to be if you want a chance

I hear the highest chance of acceptance is to fax in your transcripts your senior year of high school (with AP classes for all your prerequisites) and unofficial DAT scores to the university chancellor.

SDN gives me so much anxiety lol *rocks back and forth*

Reactions: 6 users
I read in one of Glimmer's posts that being in batches 1-6 really makes no SIGNIFICANT difference.

If you have decent stats, LOR, ECs, etc... I'm sure applying June 1st vs August makes no difference. It is when you are the average/below-average applicant that applying early is preferred. Or at least that's what I think

I slacked off and e-submitted 1.5 weeks AFTER I got my transcripts and DAT scores in, so many regrets...
#batch like 10, could have been 8 )):

My application was processed on Monday---more than half the schools I applied to have confirmed with me, but... I take the DAT in 8 days. Got to kill it. Pressure. Pushing down on me. Pressing down on you.

Reactions: 1 users
My application was processed on Monday---more than half the schools I applied to have confirmed with me, but... I take the DAT in 8 days. Got to kill it. Pressure. Pushing down on me. Pressing down on you.
Good luck!! :D :D :) :)

I'm batch 6 and have one interview so far (VCU)

You can do it!!!!

@pulltheleverkronk

Notification date: 8/17/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 7/29/15 (when email was received from VCU indicating completion)
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/23/21/28/none

damn all this 24-25AA is stressing me out, I was so happy with my 20AA 21TS until I looked at SDN :eek:

Gonna be batch #10 or something like that.. AADSAS is taking their sweet time (2+ weeks) verifying my GPA and sending em out.
I e-submitted on the 3rd this month..

Gonna be batch #10 or something like that.. AADSAS is taking their sweet time (2+ weeks) verifying my GPA and sending em out.
I e-submitted on the 3rd this month..

July 23rd and I'm still waiting so you have a little bit of time to go

July 23rd and I'm still waiting so you have a little bit of time to go

Looks like I'll be pretty pissy for a few weeks... I don't understand what takes AADSAS such a long time to verify GPAs. Especially since it's not like there are a million new classes that I've added since last cycle.

damn all this 24-25AA is stressing me out, I was so happy with my 20AA 21TS until I looked at SDN :eek:

I felt the same way about my score until I looked at SDN and saw people getting 27s... I decided it's not worth it to play the comparison game. Too much anxiety. There'll always be someone who's better than you, I guess

SDN has some crazy stats. I learned to live life being inadequate.

Good luck!!! Haha the reason I submitted later was because I didn't take the DAT until end of June and figured if I did really poorly I should just wait a cycle. You can do it!!

@umichdent2015 my app was literally complete on the same date as you... oh god. it's happening. :O
Same dude. Or I think the day after. Slowly but surely, I'm not getting interviews.

SDN has some crazy stats. I learned to live life being inadequate.

You don't know about ECs, personal statement, personality. I'm sure there's something you're better at than the people with crazy stats. That's what I tell myself! :)

You guys all messed up. My parents hooked me up with an SDN account and an AADSAS application while I was still in the womb. They left my gender unlisted at first but that was an easy fix 9 months later.

You guys all messed up. My parents hooked me up with an SDN account and an AADSAS application while I was still in the womb. They left my gender unlisted at first but that was an easy fix 9 months later.

How long did it take them to verify your gender though? 4-6 weeks?

Reactions: 10 users
Submitted July 20th, still not verified. Checking the portal every 20 minutes and wanting to break things every 20 minutes haha.

Submitted July 20th, still not verified. Checking the portal every 20 minutes and wanting to break things every 20 minutes haha.

I e-submitted on July 19th, and mine is gonna be mailed out tomorrow. So I assume yours will get verified sometime today or tomorrow, and hopefully it will get sent on Friday!

@leeyj91 You think I should call and ask them, or is it just a waste of time? I know I'm being impatient haha

@Stalkyyy You could try, but I don't think they will be able to track your application and tell you when it will get verified... Just because they probably have 100000000000 people calling to ask the same question..
And it also takes forever to get a hold of them. I was on hold for like 30 minutes, and I still could not get a hold of them. I honestly think you will just be more disappointed after calling them.
Hold tight, you will get verified soon! Just sit and wait for your e-mail I guess. I think everyone here is being impatient, it's not just you! lol
Did you see on AADSAS portal, that they received your transcript? If so, what was the date?

When times get tough:

"Dear AADSAS, I really wanna get into Dental School. I know I have just submitted my app yesterday, but I am wondering if you could just squeeze me into the first batch. Like I said, I really wanna go to dental school"
-Sincerely,
Student 99999999999

When times get tough:

"Dear AADSAS, I really wanna get into Dental School. I know I have just submitted my app yesterday, but I am wondering if you could just squeeze me into the first batch. Like I said, I really wanna go to dental school"
-Sincerely,
Student 99999999999
AADSAS: I'm sorry, you'll have to wait in line for verification
Student: But, like, I really want to go to dental school

Reactions: 2 users
@leeyj91 haha yeah that's what I figured. They got my transcripts 6/28 and 7/21 so it may be that.?I'll just wait it out I suppose!

Last edited:
The batch number is according the day that you submitted your application or the day that it is processed? I hate life!!!! lol

2nd batch. And Nada :cool: wearing sunglasses so you can't see my tears

Reactions: 7 users