Late BU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airpotato

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview in Boston University on the 13th of March. Why so late??

I know that some schools interview for "alternative" positions --waitlist and whatnot.

The letter didn't mention anything about that. Should I still be hopeful about getting in? It's my top choice, I would love nothing more than to go there.

Does anyone has interviews scheduled for so late in the year?

My grades are nowhere near stellar, but I had a really good DAT.-- I know they're gonna ask about my BCP....any good ways to answer that without making myself look completely irresponsible?

Any tips for the interview would be great! Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

When did you recieve your interview invite?

I got an interview for Case for March 12th as well. I don't know how good my chances are either, since it's pretty late alright. It's still worth a shot, right? My DAT is average but my GPA is around 3.7, just for your reference. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview in Boston University on the 13th of March. Why so late??

I know that some schools interview for "alternative" positions --waitlist and whatnot.

The letter didn't mention anything about that. Should I still be hopeful about getting in? It's my top choice, I would love nothing more than to go there.

Does anyone has interviews scheduled for so late in the year?

My grades are nowhere near stellar, but I had a really good DAT.-- I know they're gonna ask about my BCP....any good ways to answer that without making myself look completely irresponsible?

Any tips for the interview would be great! Thanks all!

I got an interview invite today, for Feb 23th

I'm sending out a letter tomorrow to give up a BU interview sheduled for the 6th of February.

Don't send out a letter to cancel your interview at BU...call them...Also, if u want to move your interview date up, then call BUSDM and tell them...my best friend did it. She was suppose to originally interview on March 9th, but she moved it up to January 30th

When did you recieve your interview invite?

I received it on January 5th.

I applied SUPER SUPER late, I would say my application was all in by mid-december.

(I know, terrible mistake)

Should I try to move it up? Do you think that would increase my chances of getting in? Because, as it stands, my interview lands on my spring break, which is great because I don't want to miss any classes. -Do you think they'd answer me honestly if I asked them that?

Which would be better, a shot in the dark @ at getting into BU, or doing well in school this semester?

I have a advanced lab that I absolutely cannot miss, and I'm gunning for straight A's this semester

I had an interview for late Feb but called & got interviewed early Jan, So everyone! CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! It's always better to go early since it is rolling admissions, so if someone else takes your spot, you'r out of luck. As for Airpotato, look @ your schedule to figure out when you are able to go with min impact in school time and then call them. Even though it's important to keep your grades up, school apps are like war, you have to do all you can to secure a spot when your future is at stake. Good Luck All!!!

Trying to get straight A's is great, but you need to get into dental school too. Having straight A's will not help you if you interview late or don't interview at all.

I had an interview for late Feb but called & got interviewed early Jan, So everyone! CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! It's always better to go early since it is rolling admissions, so if someone else takes your spot, you'r out of luck. As for Airpotato, look @ your schedule to figure out when you are able to go with min impact in school time and then call them. Even though it's important to keep your grades up, school apps are like war, you have to do all you can to secure a spot when your future is at stake. Good Luck All!!!

I called and I've been getting an answering machine all day.-- I left a message. What number did you call??:confused:

Trying to get straight A's is great, but you need to get into dental school too. Having straight A's will not help you if you interview late or don't interview at all.

I'm actually not expecting to get in at all this year because I applied so late in the cycle.-- seriously late.

So I figure I increase my chances by getting straight A's rather than going to an interview that's still kind of a shot in the dark.

Wow, I don't think I ever got the machine the few times I called. But they were always very nice so I'd just try again. As for your grades, I think you should have confidence to be able to both, and it'll be a challenge you'll face in dental school in terms of time management. I think getting into school is important enough to take the chance and effort. That being said, if you feel that if you have the luxury of waiting another year, and you would have a good chance of getting into your top choice (if BU is not high on the list), or just to have more choice, it is probabily worth is to boost your resume and go for next year. GL!