flight24

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi I'm currently on an audition rotation and had to move my COMLEX Level 2 for various different reasons to October. How much will this affect me? Should I still apply when ERAS opens next week and simply update the application once my scores come back?

Thanks for the feedback.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
Hi I'm currently on an audition rotation and had to move my COMLEX Level 2 for various different reasons to October. How much will this affect me? Should I still apply when ERAS opens next week and simply update the application once my scores come back?

Thanks for the feedback.
That's really not that late. When I was a resident, we would routinely get applications without Step 2 scores -- I don't think anyone thought much about it. Definitely go ahead and apply. There's no benefit in waiting to submit your application until your score is in. And yes, update, and don't select the auto release score option just in case you fail. Not saying you will, but I've read enough posts on SDN about people regretting doing autorelease.

MLT2MT2DO

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Attending Physician

Thanks for the feedback.
As long as you're not having to make up for a poor Step1 you should be fine

psychattending

Program Director
10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Saint Louis
Status
Attending Physician
Yes, go ahead and submit your application now. Most programs will make the call to invite you based on your Level 1 score plus the rest of your application. If you wait until you get your Level 2 score back (?late November?), the vast majority of interview slots will likely have been given out.