Late completion date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PostiveVibesOnly

Reaction score
Hey! I know this has probably been asked several times but I can’t seem to find anything recent. Is an October completion date too late? Is this cycle still being considered a COVID cycle with the rise of cases?

Thank you so much !

Members don't see this ad.

October is late for MD admissions. What do you mean by 'COVID cycle'? If nothing COVID-related is affecting your application right now, I doubt you'd get sympathy for being complete late.

You've got a month before labor day: try to be complete before then! As soon as possible while being careful/not rushing is the mantra. You can pre-write secondaries while waiting for verification, all the prompts have been posted in the school-specific threads. Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
October is late for MD admissions. What do you mean by 'COVID cycle'? If nothing COVID-related is affecting your application right now, I doubt you'd get sympathy for being complete late.

You've got a month before labor day: try to be complete before then! As soon as possible while being careful/not rushing is the mantra. You can pre-write secondaries while waiting for verification, all the prompts have been posted in the school-specific threads. Best of luck.
This^^^^. "COVID cycle," to the extent it was a thing at all, was all about the schools and AAMC, not the applicants. They had problems with staffing, processing, MCAT administration, etc. last cycle at the start of the pandemic, so accommodations were made, such as shortened MCATs, delayed first application transmissions, etc. And, even with that, and even with adcoms on SDN predicting everything would be pushed back a month or more, people submitting after Labor Day still found it difficult last year, primarily due to the massive increase in applicants.

Beyond every school giving you a box to say whatever you want about COVID, and interviews being almost exclusively virtual, there is no such thing as a COVID cycle. IIs have been going out for the past few weeks. If you aren't complete, you aren't being considered for any of them. As long as you are complete by each schools' deadline, you will be considered. But, as always, if that doesn't happen until after Labor Day, you will be at a distinct disadvantage to those who were complete in July and August. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 2 users