Late deadlines for ABP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rugbyMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows about late deadlines for ABP? I have a friend that I'm trying to convince to apply but I was wondering if there is still a fighting chance of acceptance? and is there actually a late deadline? Don't want a good friend to throw away cash!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend applied late in December and was rejected from RCSI and UCD. He did however get intreviews at very competitive Canadian schools such as UofT.

I don't know why Ireland showed him little love. We think that maybe it was because of the late application???

You hear a few ppl getting accepted in Aug. when they apply late, but I think you are really fighting an uphill battle if you do so.

Hey rugbyMD, well i applied late this year, Jan 30 to be exact. the late deadline that i was told by ABP was Feb 1...but SOMEWHERE on the forum i once saw someone saying feb 15(i highly doubt its true) Either way i think deadline's gone. as u can see from the sticky on applicant stats...ppl have already started getting acceptances/rejections. So ur frend is better off applying next cycle.
i asked ABP abt the damage a late application can do...i was told..no damage at all...but i can only logically say there is a disadvantage. how much of a disadvantage , i can't say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I won't advise him to apply now :p

The year i applied it was around Jan 30 for the Feb1 deadline and got accepted in early July. I think the late application may put you back in the pool a bit but overall if you are a good enough candidate and there is a spot for you it is still possible to get in.

oh i applied on Jan 30 as well...its so bad cuz i found out abt irish schools on jan 19th! and had to put everything together in 10 days...
if you dont mind...what were ur stats like...and which ones did u get into?