Late Fellowship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahyamer25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just submitted my application for Hematology Oncology fellowship. How much would this delay impact my chances in matching? I have applied to 90 programs. I have an average resume.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I just submitted my application for Hematology Oncology fellowship. How much would this delay impact my chances in matching? I have applied to 90 programs. I have an average resume.

Thank you

Of course the answer to this question is program specific. You've clearly missed out on the first round of invites that have already been given out by a handful of programs. But it's still only 3 days after applications opened, I suspect your chances of matching are not going to be substantially impacted.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I had heard from multiple fellows that this delay can impact my application so much that they discouraged me from applying this year but I went ahead and applied anyway. I hope what you are saying is true.

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply. I had heard from multiple fellows that this delay can impact my application so much that they discouraged me from applying this year but I went ahead and applied anyway. I hope what you are saying is true.

Thanks again!
Dude...your delay was 2 days. My friend who is a PD isn't planning to start reviewing apps until the middle of next week. Relax.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude...your delay was 2 days. My friend who is a PD isn't planning to start reviewing apps until the middle of next week. Relax.
@gutonc, is my understanding correct? Programs usually send ivs to AMGs and later on consider IMGs?

@gutonc, is my understanding correct? Programs usually send ivs to AMGs and later on consider IMGs?
Generally. But it varies. And unless you're the PD of a program, you can't have any insight into how that PD sends invites. So I'm not sure this is something worth worrying about. You get the interviews if/when you get them.

Reactions: 1 user
Generally. But it varies. And unless you're the PD of a program, you can't have any insight into how that PD sends invites. So I'm not sure this is something worth worrying about. You get the interviews if/when you get them.
Thank you, you are the best!