late for NYCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TGUKids

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. just wanted to know if mid august is too late to send the aacomas for NYCOM? (being that it is a highly competitive school). The only reason why I thinking against sending it out now is because my MCAT results come out in mid august and I just started shadowing a D.O..

Members don't see this ad.

Last year NYCOM started interviewing in November..I submitted my aacomas in early august and got an interview in early Nov and was accepted by the end of Nov. - Just my experience. Also know that NYCOM does not send a secondary until they invite you for an interview. I think you should be fine but my opinion is earlier is always better :) Good Luck

I wasn't even complete until Sept. sometime last year. I am OOS and interviewed in February, accepted 2 weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete until October last year and got my interview in January. No it isn't too late. The earlier you get your application in the better chance you have for an acceptance. Schools generally accept 60-70% of the class before January.

Last year NYCOM started interviewing in November..I submitted my aacomas in early august and got an interview in early Nov and was accepted by the end of Nov. - Just my experience. Also know that NYCOM does not send a secondary until they invite you for an interview. I think you should be fine but my opinion is earlier is always better :) Good Luck

I wasn't even complete until Sept. sometime last year. I am OOS and interviewed in February, accepted 2 weeks later.

Since you two seemed to get quick turnaround, can you please post your stats. If you feel uncomfortable posting it or your MDapplicant link, can you please PM me with the information.

Absolutely send it in. NYCOM interviews usually through April/May. First interviews are usually in November. Waiting lists usually extends into July/August.

Plus if you dont send in your app, you have a 0% chance of getting in. So I would definitely do it.

Good luck

i submitted aacomas mid december, was complete mid-january, interviewed early march, was accepted late march.

so, don't stress.

Same here I did mine late December! And Im In!!!!

But still Looking for housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)