1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Late Interview

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Joshua, Feb 9, 2000.

1. Joshua

Joshua Junior Member

I just found out that I have an interview at UNECOM on March 11. Is that too late to be considered for the spring? Anyone else have a late interview? Any UNECOM people have any advice or input about this situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Susan

Susan Member
    10+ Year Member

I have an interview on March 9th and was wondering the same thing. To top it off I'm not a New England resident which I know that they favor.

4. ReneeWB

ReneeWB Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

There are people in my class who were offered spots at UNE up until the week before school started. I was a Texas resident when I applied and I interviewed in January and got in (Texas has 7 medical schools, so I really figured my chances were kind of iffy at UNE). There were about 7 of us who interviewed on the day I was here and four of us are in class together. I know at least one other person who interviewed that day got an offer but accepted somewhere else. There are also quite a few people in my class that are out of staters besides myself. Be able to say why you want to come to Maine when you interview. It ain't over yet! Best wishes! [​IMG]

Renee

5. ReneeWB

ReneeWB Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

One other thing that I meant to say (I sort of implied it) was that the fact that you have been offered an interview means the school is VERY interested in you! Note that at least 5 of the 7 of my interview group got acceptances.

Renee

6. Susan

Susan Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for your encouraging info, Renee.