Late LoR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afriedman4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have ~9 of my secondaries already submitted but one of my professors isn't submitting my letter until September 12th. I've put this professor down for pretty much every school I've submitted so far though I have plenty of letters to make up for it. The rest of my letters are either in already or coming in before labor day. My question is should I mark the letter as 'no show' on AMCAS so my applications will be 'complete' sooner and when the letter does come in the schools will get it anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have ~9 of my secondaries already submitted but one of my professors isn't submitting my letter until September 12th. I've put this professor down for pretty much every school I've submitted so far though I have plenty of letters to make up for it. The rest of my letters are either in already or coming in before labor day. My question is should I mark the letter as 'no show' on AMCAS so my applications will be 'complete' sooner and when the letter does come in the schools will get it anyway?
With AMCAS, you can't unassign an LOR. If it shows up, it will go to the schools designated.

I wouldn't look at a September 12 Complete date as a huge liability. You aren't alone in belatedly collecting letters from faculty who are often MIA during the summer months.

With AMCAS, you can't unassign an LOR. If it shows up, it will go to the schools designated.

I wouldn't look at a September 12 Complete date as a huge liability. You aren't alone in belatedly collecting letters from faculty who are often MIA during the summer months.

Well not unassign, but mark it as 'not going to show up' so schools wont be expecting it and my application will be complete. When you mark it as not going to show up on amcas it says if it does come in it will still be sent to the designated schools. I realize Sept 12th isn't terribly late but I don't want my apps to be considered incomplete just because of this one letter(I have other letters to replace it if necessary).