May 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I have ~9 of my secondaries already submitted but one of my professors isn't submitting my letter until September 12th. I've put this professor down for pretty much every school I've submitted so far though I have plenty of letters to make up for it. The rest of my letters are either in already or coming in before labor day. My question is should I mark the letter as 'no show' on AMCAS so my applications will be 'complete' sooner and when the letter does come in the schools will get it anyway?

Last edited:

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I have ~9 of my secondaries already submitted but one of my professors isn't submitting my letter until September 12th. I've put this professor down for pretty much every school I've submitted so far though I have plenty of letters to make up for it. The rest of my letters are either in already or coming in before labor day. My question is should I mark the letter as 'no show' on AMCAS so my applications will be 'complete' sooner and when the letter does come in the schools will get it anyway?
With AMCAS, you can't unassign an LOR. If it shows up, it will go to the schools designated.

I wouldn't look at a September 12 Complete date as a huge liability. You aren't alone in belatedly collecting letters from faculty who are often MIA during the summer months.

OP
A
May 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
With AMCAS, you can't unassign an LOR. If it shows up, it will go to the schools designated.

I wouldn't look at a September 12 Complete date as a huge liability. You aren't alone in belatedly collecting letters from faculty who are often MIA during the summer months.
Well not unassign, but mark it as 'not going to show up' so schools wont be expecting it and my application will be complete. When you mark it as not going to show up on amcas it says if it does come in it will still be sent to the designated schools. I realize Sept 12th isn't terribly late but I don't want my apps to be considered incomplete just because of this one letter(I have other letters to replace it if necessary).

About the Ads

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
And this is reason why no applicant should assign a letter until it has been uploaded to AMCAS.

About the Ads