Late March/early April PCOM interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karine04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear the decisions? During my interview (3/30), I was told it would be "2 and a half weeks" and now I called the office of admissions and they said that it would be another few weeks yet. Does anyone know what's up?

Members don't see this ad.

the committee meets only once a month...i had my interview at PCOM on 4/4 and they said the committe will be meeting mid-April...so hopefully we get a letter by the last week of April..hope that helps

babydoll said:
the committee meets only once a month...i had my interview at PCOM on 4/4 and they said the committe will be meeting mid-April...so hopefully we get a letter by the last week of April..hope that helps

Thanks for your input. I guess they'll be meeting either the end of this week or sometime next week (isn't it almost mid-April now?)

I only ask because I have a deposit due at another school and I really loved PCOM, so I want to know sooner rather than later whether I need to pay that deposit to the school that isn't my first choice. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet.

Any other insight would be welcome!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today, they said that they'd be meeting like next week or something and send out decisions the week after. And I think someone said they send only thin envelopes no matter what the decision so don't freak out right away.

So soon, you guys, good luck :).

Kazema said:
I had my interview today, they said that they'd be meeting like next week or something and send out decisions the week after. And I think someone said they send only thin envelopes no matter what the decision so don't freak out right away.

So soon, you guys, good luck :).

It was a regular sized envelope, but clearly had more than one piece of paper in it. Good luck and maybe I'll see you in August!

Hey,
I would call them and let them know the situation that you are in. I was in the same predicament with a $1500 deposit due and i called them up and told them that i really wanted to go to PCOM and would hate to have to waste the money. She told me that they would meet wednesday of that week and she would call me and let me know if she could help. So I would consider doing that since my letter arrived about a week after the committee met.
Good luck!