Late MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark__prince

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't taken my mcat and am only a research rotation away from graduating. I want to get into med school quickly as I'm 28 y/o and don't want to waste any more time. Would being able to take a Late August or September MCAT still be able to get me into the cycle for MD/DO schools? If I don't apply now I won't be getting in until I'm 30 which sounds terrible as I started this master's program when I was 25 and have been holding off my thesis due to life events. But it improved my gpa a good amount as I have a 3.93 in the program.

Currently scribing and qualified for FAP for amcas since I'm poor, I would need to apply for FAP with osteopathic schools. How should I throw in an application. Can I throw in a app to a throwaway school until I get my scores back, and assess if its worth applying then?

I know DO schools have late cut-off deadlines like in march but would I be able to be fine if I take the mcat in septermber?

Members don't see this ad.

Please see the responses you’ve already gotten before:

Status
Not open for further replies.