Late Rush Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desertdr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an interview invite at Rush today and was wondering on what you all think...should I go? Obviously I would be interviewing for a waitlist spot at best. A few things though:

1. I already got accepted to Creighton and really loved the school but the cost and location....students/faculty were awesome!

2. I'm originally from Illinois and would love to go back to Chicago

3. I'm doing my doctoral defense in two months and can't really afford to take time away from the lab, even a few days

I know Rush has a lot of movement but any thoughts on Rush vs. Creighton? I only applied to three schools (I know!) but got rejected from my state school so this is it.

Thanks everyone....

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I had a late interview at Rush a few weeks ago. I seriously thought about not going. I really enjoyed it though. I think it ranks as one of the top 2 most enjoyable interview experiences. I had great hosts and my interviewer was awesome. They say they reserve a few spots for outstanding candidates late in the interview season. I think if you have any doubts, definitely go, you don't want to spend 4 years thinking what if. On the other hand, I haven't heard back from Rush yet.
Congrats on the admit either way!

Thanks Kimmer!

Right now I am leaning on going to the interview. I loved Chicago and would love to go back there for medical school. From searching old threads, it seems that Rush has some waitlist movement so I figure it won't hurt to go...and Rush seems to have the same qualities as Creighton-high student satisfaction, chill atmosphere, and they match pretty well also.

Congrats on your interview and I hope mine goes as well!