1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Late Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by lazyanteater, Aug 7, 2006.

1. lazyanteater

lazyanteater whatcan brown do for you?
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys,
    I'm starting to recieve secondaries, so far NSU, AZCOM, CCOM, DMU and PCOM. Problem is I'm currently studying abroad (taking physics) and probably won't get around til actually doing the secondaries til mid september. LORs are a whole different story (only have one in, from a bio professor). My basic question is, what do you think is late for sending in secondaries? Ive heard nova and azcom (2 of my top schools) interview real early, think i'll be too late? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. timmah2k

timmah2k Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In my opinion I think you'll be fine because you'll be complete before all the August MCATers.

4. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you'll be fine. Make sure it is done as soon as you get back and all the LORs are in.

5. n0chi

n0chi Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

what about sending in secondaries in jan? i was thinking about doing that so that i can show an improvement in the gpa at that point... is that going to help, or hurt for being too late?

6. bsimon

bsimon Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I applied really late and didn't even receive secondaries until late January/February. My interview at DMU was in April and was of the final groups. They ended up accepting me outright, so it is possible to get in with later applications. It was really stressful not knowing during the school year so I wouldn't recommend it! Filling out secondaries in September or even in January should be fine if you have the credentials to back up a later ap.

7. shttthttle

shttthttle Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Like Bsimon, I sent all my secondaries in during the February. I was accepted at DMU, NOVA, KCUMB, outright; rejected from MSU-COM outright; and waitlisted at CCOM. My stats were average.

I would get them done asap because the stress will only increase as the months pass by.

8. n0chi

n0chi Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

well the issue is, my gpa is really horrible at the moment... and if i send secondaries right now, it would seem like they would reject me asap.

am i wrong to think so?