Late Transcripts and LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gucci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I submitted my app last week but my transcript wont be submitted until August, will this hold me back at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I submitted my app last week but my transcript wont be submitted until August, will this hold me back at all?

AADSAS won't even begin to verify your application without your transcript...

I submitted my EApp already though, it just says not mailed

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my EApp already though, it just says not mailed

Your app is submitted, sure, but they won't mail your app without verification, and verification requires your transcripts to be submitted.

If its August, the earliest your grades will even be verified will be mid-August and by then you will not be in any of the early batches.

i withdrew from a class I got an F in but it is taking some time to update on my trasncript, should I submit it now with the F or wait until it is removed? the F brings my gpa very low and will probably reject me from schools right away

i withdrew from a class I got an F in but it is taking some time to update on my trasncript, should I submit it now with the F or wait until it is removed? the F brings my gpa very low and will probably reject me from schools right away
In this case I'd wait. I also had to wait for a grade change. Just don't expect many pre-December interviews.

Ack if they begin verifying your grades in August your app might mail out to schools mid to late september. The later the gpa verification process begins, the longer it takes. The F will hurt you (relatively); wait for the W.

Will this hurt my admissions chances to schools or delay them? I have the same DAT scores as you pgex2t and with the F my GPA is 3.1 without it it should be 3.5-6

Will this hurt my admissions chances to schools or delay them? I have the same DAT scores as you pgex2t and with the F my GPA is 3.1 without it it should be 3.5-6

Is the 3.5-6 GPA including BOTH the F and the new grade you will get?

Wait for the W. No brainer. Turning down a .4 to .5 boost in gpa in favor of submitting earlier is madness.

I submitted but i'm going to email schools and let them know what happened, I also entered my course as a W on my electronic app

I submitted but i'm going to email schools and let them know what happened, I also entered my course as a W on my electronic app

AADSAS will correct your coursework (or they'll delay it and make you correct it yourself) and it will appear as an F on your electronic application when schools receive it. So yes, contacting schools is a good idea.

AADSAS will correct your coursework (or they'll delay it and make you correct it yourself) and it will appear as an F on your electronic application when schools receive it. So yes, contacting schools is a good idea.

This is true, AADSAS will keep it an F until they have your new transcripts. Which means you definitely need to contact every school you apply and tell them what happened. I'm not sure what their policy is about situations like this, I'd imagine some will only go off your official application with the F and a few may actually listen and mark it as a W.

So I guess im screwed for this cycle then

May I ask- why won't your school update your transcript earlier than August? I'd call/write your University Registrar, explain the entire situation/the consequences, and request expedited processing.

Get your Dean involved, get your academic advisor involved. Do whatever it takes to get that updated transcript out to AADSAS immediately.

Last year I submitted my app with transcripts already sent in the beginning of August. I was not verified until second week of Septemeber. They took longer than 6 weeks. It's your call, but that's my experience.