Late!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StaphRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying for the Fall 2009 entering class, and still haven't submit their applications yet?

Am I too late??? Some deadlines state Feb 1...but I know most seats are probably already filled?

I haven't taken the PCAT yet...is it too late for me, if I take the Jan 24th exam and still apply this week for the Fall 2009 class?

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's bad to turn in applications late, but I can't help it either. I have to take the Jan PCAT as well because of my low scores. I know some schools accept January PCATs, but it's not advisable to actually wait until then because everyone else who has a higher PCAT score than you are are reviewed by the adcoms. By the time they receive the scores, a quarter to half the class is filled.

Good luck with your apps!

Hmm. Very good point. I'm afraid, and this January 24th would be my first PCAT exam ever, if I end up taking it. Haven't even started studying yet. I decided too late to start applying to PharmD programs.

What are our chances if we apply late now? Are some schools more..flexible and will they even take a glance at our applications? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
My deadlines are all January 5th and I am still working on the essays right now. :laugh:

Midwestern set the deadline for me on the 15th and I haven't started their essays yet. :scared:

You're definitely pushing it by applying this late in the cycle. Any schools that use rolling admissions or early decision already have some of their seats filled, so by filing this late, you are competing for a handful of seats. As far as the PCAT, the first time I took it, I smoked it, so it's possible to come out with really good scores right off the bat. If your application is late at all, you won't be considered though. That's a definite.