Latest date for 2CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robotsonic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that it isn't so easy to get the step 2CS day scheduled. On the online scheduling system from USMLE, it says the next date in Philaedlphia is at the end of February! I was trying to do an international elective in March and April. Is May too late to do 2CS if I am starting residency in June? Should I just quickly try to get one of the late february spots?

Members don't see this ad.

robotsonic said:
I just realized that it isn't so easy to get the step 2CS day scheduled. On the online scheduling system from USMLE, it says the next date in Philaedlphia is at the end of February! I was trying to do an international elective in March and April. Is May too late to do 2CS if I am starting residency in June? Should I just quickly try to get one of the late february spots?

There isn't an opening in Philly until April :confused: . I registered last week for the first of March. I'm not not particularly thrilled about this date since in the event that I do fail, I'll have to wait sixty days to retake which could very likely jeopardize my residency contract.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the exam in Atlanta- even though I really don't want to :mad: