Latest date for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bears1992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to signup for MCAT May 19th because it gives me two weeks of extra study time with no classes. This would mean getting my scores back June19th and essentially be 2 weeks late in applying.

My GPA is low 3.14c and 3.34s so I know I need a great MCAT and an early application. How much will it hurt me to be two weeks behind in the process? Will sending apps on the first day affect my odds over sending them 2 weeks after?

I am assuming the extra two weeks of MCAT study will give me an extra 2-3 points. Should I take the MCAT late April instead?

Members don't see this ad.

You can send your apps in on June 1st, pending your MCAT score. It takes a few weeks or so to get your apps verified. By then, your MCAT score should be in so that schools can view your application. I don't think you will be behind at all.

Edit: I could be wrong as I have not applied yet. I'll be taking my MCAT on May 13th, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the MCAT May 19th, you are still going to be applying in June. Besides, DO schools keep admissions going for a long time. No need to push it any earlier. You are still going to be applying extremely early.

Take the MCAT May 19th, you are still going to be applying in June. Besides, DO schools keep admissions going for a long time. No need to push it any earlier. You are still going to be applying extremely early.
Thanks! The last thing I wanted to do was take the MCAT during finals but then again, I wasn't sure how important and app on day one is.

Take it when you feel like you have mastered the content and are doing well on practice test. Do not rush the test by any means. If that means pushing the test back a month or so, then do what you need to do.