Latest that programs offer interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsMed09

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on this? I have called programs to ascertain the status of my application, but I don't want to be excessively pushy about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Can't speak for other programs, but we interview up through the last week in January, and have offered invites up until the week before.

Anyone have any idea on this? I have called programs to ascertain the status of my application, but I don't want to be excessively pushy about it.

End of Jan to beginning of Feb for many, though some just do a few small dates of mega-marathons.

If you haven't heard give a call! Files can get lost by the eras banshee or fall thru the cracks.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd second the ERAS banshee comment. Never assume a computer algorithm is doing what it is supposed to be doing when it comes to your professional future.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's just that when I called I did get one program laughing at me, saying that their spots were taken. Others had stated that they were still going through applications. I'm fine with calling around; it's not like I've been through this process before (and hopefully won't be repeating this again), so I was wondering how late different places offer. I had always thought the opportunities dried up by early November.

I can tell you from listening to our program coordinator, that multiple phone calls will annoy some coordinators...and then you suddenly get dropped from the backup list.

But really, backup interview spots are VERY long shots to begin with (if you know what I'm saying). And if a candidate has a stellar application, there will always be an interview spot for them.

Oh, so bottomline: it's okay to call the program coordinator, but not so much that they get annoyed (which varies of course from person to person).

if a candidate has a stellar application, there will always be an interview spot for them.
The programs that have audition interviews (ie. Furman) fill up, and once they are booked, you can be the best qualified applicant in the world, and their response will still be 'we have no more slots'