Latest to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUC78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whens the latest you should apply for a given cycle? I'm taking my OAT at the end of December and was thinking about applying right after.

Would it be too late & should I just wait for next cycle?
Would it hurt to apply for both this cycle and if rejected again next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

The end of December is definitely very late to be applying. If you want to get in this cycle, you should really consider applying earlier. By January, I believe the number of seats that schools have left to fill are limited so even if you have good stats, schools may not be able to offer you a seat compared to if you had applied earlier within the cycle. You could still try and apply for this cycle if you are interested in doing so. Good luck!

You can apply with out your oat scores. Some schools might consider you with out your scores but I think that's a rarity. If you submit now you can have your application already in the hands of the admission committee when your oat scores come in. December is late but you can still get an interview depending on your stats but you will be at a disadvantage.

Members don't see this ad :)
December is not that late. Earlier is always better, but I have classmates who interviewed in February/March.

I applied at end of March (3/28). I interviewed the first week of April (I think April 4 or 5). I got in, but I don't know how close I was to not getting in. Either way, I am posting in this thread because I nearly did not apply due to everyone telling me that I was screwed for not applying earlier! My take: try to get it in as early as possible, but if it really comes down to crunch time, still do your best with the application, no matter what the circumstance is, and don't let people scare you! The worst that can happen is you have everything good to go for the next round of admissions since you will have completed everything, and just have to hit "submit" on 7/1! Or whenever day #1 is!

I just learned that it takes 2-3 weeks to send out official grades after writing the OAT. Does anyone know if schools will look at the unofficial OAT scores if we choose to upload them to our application or do they wait until they receive the official copy before the consider an applicant for an interview?

I just learned that it takes 2-3 weeks to send out official grades after writing the OAT. Does anyone know if schools will look at the unofficial OAT scores if we choose to upload them to our application or do they wait until they receive the official copy before the consider an applicant for an interview?

I highly suggest you get your application in as soon as possible. They'll review your application before you take your OAT. Some schools will wait for scores before inviting you to submit a supplemental application and/or interview depending on your stats. As soon as you get your unofficial score report, e-mail to admissions at the schools you're applying to. They'll definitely look at them and consider applicants for interviews once they receive your unofficial scores.

If your stats are shaky, I would wait until next cycle to apply. If you have a good GPA and expect to do well on the OAT, I would apply now.

I applied at end of March (3/28). I interviewed the first week of April (I think April 4 or 5). I got in, but I don't know how close I was to not getting in. Either way, I am posting in this thread because I nearly did not apply due to everyone telling me that I was screwed for not applying earlier! My take: try to get it in as early as possible, but if it really comes down to crunch time, still do your best with the application, no matter what the circumstance is, and don't let people scare you! The worst that can happen is you have everything good to go for the next round of admissions since you will have completed everything, and just have to hit "submit" on 7/1! Or whenever day #1 is!

Nice, this gives me hope! I'm looking to apply in mid-November. What were your stats?