latest to E-sumbit to get acceptance on 12/1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crashblades

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to improve my PS to please most of the people reading it. I can E-submit but I want a good PS. So What I want to know is when is the latest E-sumbit date to be consider "first wave" acceptance still. Will be great if people can post down their E-submit date / interview date / acceptance date. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Realize it comes down to having you application in prior to all pre December interview spots being offered. This is different at each school. So as noted before, amazing stats and applying to the right schools, I would estimate early October. Average to below average stats I would shoot for early September. (my personal recommendation is August 1st to offer the best chance)

Many schools plan interviews a month out, some may even schedule them to late December fairly quickly. January spots are frequently left open until December.

Members don't see this ad :)
is 23AA, 24TS, 22PAT, 26bio, 26gc, 21 og, 22 RC, and 21 QR with a 3.64cGPA (sGPA probably higher) consider amazing?

Just a random opinion here not necessarily directed at you because I don't know your story. I'm just seeing all these delays due to the personal statement.

Unless English isn't your first language and you need major revisions on your statement, button that up and submit. I'm not trying to make light of the statement, but unless you've got an amazing story to tell (which you either have or you don't at this point), there's a ceiling to how amazing your statement is going to be no matter how you spin it and how pretty you try to make it. Most of us are pretty average folks and the statement is likely to not be a breaker or a maker in the process. There's a point where you just have to make sure it doesn't suck so it's not a breaker. I think too many people are intimidated by too many parts of the application and it paralyzes them.

As for you, your stats are nice. Very nice. Amazing, as you say. They really are. That's going to be the big standout feature of your application. A few schools might snatch you up just based on that. That's just how it is. Again, not making too light of the statement, I think you'll do just fine submitting any time. But I wouldn't sit on that statement too long. May as well interview when the weather is nice in Sept, Oct.

Just a random opinion here not necessarily directed at you because I don't know your story. I'm just seeing all these delays due to the personal statement.

Unless English isn't your first language and you need major revisions on your statement, button that up and submit. I'm not trying to make light of the statement, but unless you've got an amazing story to tell (which you either have or you don't at this point), there's a ceiling to how amazing your statement is going to be no matter how you spin it and how pretty you try to make it. Most of us are pretty average folks and the statement is likely to not be a breaker or a maker in the process. There's a point where you just have to make sure it doesn't suck so it's not a breaker. I think too many people are intimidated by too many parts of the application and it paralyzes them.

As for you, your stats are nice. Very nice. Amazing, as you say. They really are. That's going to be the big standout feature of your application. A few schools might snatch you up just based on that. That's just how it is. Again, not making too light of the statement, I think you'll do just fine submitting any time. But I wouldn't sit on that statement too long. May as well interview when the weather is nice in Sept, Oct.

I would have to agree. Your test scores and stats are good, and those are going to stick out more to the adcomm as opposed to your PS. As long as the PS flows well and there are no major errors in it, send it in!

well i'm applying to columbia and upenn. I'm scared that a "passable" PS might not look so good in their eyes..... I'm planning to submit at the end of June. Do you guys think it will be too late for "first wave" acceptance?

submitted aug 23. november columbia interview. it can be done. 22aa

I heard AADSAS sends out applications starting from the last week of June, so these applicants will be considered the "first wave".