Latest Update - Prometric Test Centers in US and Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT Destroyer

Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
North America (U.S. and Canada)

In accordance with the changing local and federal governance and advice from the CDC and WHO, we have determined it is necessary to further extend the closure of test centers in the U.S. and Canada through May 31st. This applies to all testing programs, with the exception of a limited set of essential services programs. Prometric is actively working with test sponsors to determine whose programs meet the criteria for "essential workforce" as defined by the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).

If your exam appointment is impacted by these closure extensions, you will receive an email notification informing you that your appointment has been canceled, and instructions for how to reschedule for a future date. No rescheduling fees will be applied, and we are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met. Please note that if you choose to contact Prometric for assistance, hold times may be extended due to the volume of individuals we are attempting to support. We thank you for your patience.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So what if they keep extending the closures? I'm signed up for a June DAT and I'm feeling nervous even that will get cancelled. I don't want to have to take a gap year...
I saw that some Med schools are letting people apply with the MCAT, but before they matriculate they have to take the MCAT. I'm not exactly sure how that works but maybe Dental Schools can do something like that.

So what if they keep extending the closures? I'm signed up for a June DAT and I'm feeling nervous even that will get cancelled. I don't want to have to take a gap year...
I saw that some Med schools are letting people apply with the MCAT, but before they matriculate they have to take the MCAT. I'm not exactly sure how that works but maybe Dental Schools can do something like that.

It's a possibility. I heard they shortened the MCAT so they could potentially do that for the DAT.

xoxo

Members don't see this ad :)
Once things are allowed to open they might have to make adjustments for social distancing or put barriers between the seats. I am sure they will come up with a plan to make it safe for all. Things are improving daily so as hard as it is, we just have to wait and see. I am certain there are a lot of meetings with Prometric and the ADA to come up with a solution. No student will be penalized because of this situation. They might just push everything up several months, extending the interview time and the first acceptances instead of Dec 1 might be Feb 1, this is just my 2 cents, but it will be resolved and life will return to normal at some point. We just have to take it one day at a time, and that is not fun for any of us. Keep studying and I predict we will see some really high DAT scores this year.

Nancy...#think30

Reactions: 1 user
Once things are allowed to open they might have to make adjustments for social distancing or put barriers between the seats. I am sure they will come up with a plan to make it safe for all. Things are improving daily so as hard as it is, we just have to wait and see. I am certain there are a lot of meetings with Prometric and the ADA to come up with a solution. No student will be penalized because of this situation. They might just push everything up several months, extending the interview time and the first acceptances instead of Dec 1 might be Feb 1, this is just my 2 cents, but it will be resolved and life will return to normal at some point. We just have to take it one day at a time, and that is not fun for any of us. Keep studying and I predict we will see some really high DAT scores this year.

Nancy...#think30

Im just confused. On the DAT destroyer Facebook page there is a post of an email from ADA That says ADA tests are considered essential and that unless you receive an email to reschedule your test is still happening. But I never received that email nor have I received an email to reschedule from Prometric . No idea if my May DAT date is still happening or what to do.

Have other students received either the ADA email saying all of their tests are essential or an email to reschedule from Prometric?

Im just confused. On the DAT destroyer Facebook page there is a post of an email from ADA That says ADA tests are considered essential and that unless you receive an email to reschedule your test is still happening. But I never received that email nor have I received an email to reschedule from Prometric . No idea if my May DAT date is still happening or what to do.

Have other students received either the ADA email saying all of their tests are essential or an email to reschedule from Prometric?
I would follow what is posted by the ADA. Things are changing daily so no way to know for sure if you DAT will happen the end of May, I am in NYC and I am sure our guidelines might be different than Utah. You can nothing at this point, as I have stated many times no student will be penalized because of the current situation. Just take it one day at a time, keep studying. Things can change at anytime.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Highly doubt predents are "essential"... I think they are referring to people already employed by the healthcare industry or a certification away from joining it.

Highly doubt predents are "essential"... I think they are referring to people already employed by the healthcare industry or a certification away from joining it.

I agree, but someone posted a screenshot of an email they received from the ADA that said,

“The following examinations are deemed essential at Prometric: Part I and II, INBDE, DAT, and ADAT examinations”

But I’m not sure If other people received the same email (I didn’t) and I’m not sure if people are receiving emails to reschedule the DAT (I haven’t for my May date).

I hope they don't cancel the June exams. I can barely even study because that's all thats going on in my head right now. Just have us sit in an airtight glass box or something lol

Feeling kind of nervous now, since I've already rescheduled my dat test date for the beginning of June in hopes of submitting my application ASAP. I've also been on the lookout for the next open test date in my area, and they're all booked until August... Hoping Prometric will open up by June!

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone in Canada has recently written a test at the Prometric Testing Mississauga Center (1290 Central Pkwy W #104, Mississauga, ON L5C 4P4). I am writing an exam at this location soon and was wondering how they operate. I truly appreciate it if anyone who had experience writing their exam in that centre could share their experience.

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone in Canada has recently written a test at the Prometric Testing Mississauga Center (1290 Central Pkwy W #104, Mississauga, ON L5C 4P4). I am writing an exam at this location soon and was wondering how they operate. I truly appreciate it if anyone who had experience writing their exam in that centre could share their experience.
Hey, I was wondering when your exam date is. I am also from Canada and got my DAT rescheduled twice already.