-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lauren slater
Started by Attending1985
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe so and on zyprexa she’s gained over I think 70 lbs and developed complications from the diabetes it inducedJust perusing the part available for free on Amazon. She's on Vyvanse, Klonopin, Effexor, Zyprexa and Abilify?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW, she's an EdD. Much different early course than PhD. Also, I believe not licensable in some states. So, a psychologist, but not necessarily a clinical psychologist, depending on how you classify such things.
Interesting I didn’t know that. She is described as a psychologist everywhere.FWIW, she's an EdD. Much different early course than PhD. Also, I believe not licensable in some states. So, a psychologist, but not necessarily a clinical psychologist, depending on how you classify such things.
Interesting I didn’t know that. She is described as a psychologist everywhere.
It is not a protected term, and is used fairly broadly across specialties and types of degrees. Also, some states are fairly lax in licensing requirements. Beyond that, I don't know what her program entailed, just that there may be more variability in terms of things such as clinical background and rigor of training in research and statistics in these types of degrees.
She is a psychologist as she is licensed as such. You can qualify for psychologist licensure with a PhD, PsyD or EdD in clinical, counseling or school psychology (with required supervised hours) in all states (a very few still allow for master’s level to be licensed).
As was mentioned, the training varies program to program and EdD’s in psychology are pretty rare. Most EdD’s are in the specialty of counseling psychology rather than clinical psychology and they are typically awarded through departments of education rather than departments of psychology.
As was mentioned, the training varies program to program and EdD’s in psychology are pretty rare. Most EdD’s are in the specialty of counseling psychology rather than clinical psychology and they are typically awarded through departments of education rather than departments of psychology.
Last edited:
D
deleted1100659
That is an interesting combo to say the least..Just perusing the part available for free on Amazon. She's on Vyvanse, Klonopin, Effexor, Zyprexa and Abilify?
Yeah she talks about her “psychopharmacologist” a lot. Seems like her care isn’t reasonable from my perspective.That is an interesting combo to say the least..
Klonopin and vyvanse should cancel each other out!That is an interesting combo to say the least.
Her description of mania didn’t sound like mania eitherKlonopin and vyvanse should cancel each other out!
Sounds like a classic personality d/o cocktail....complete with two antipsychotics for no discernible reason. “Plus a couple other medications I can’t remember”
Last edited:
Sounds like a classic personality d/o cocktail....complete with two antipsychotics for no discernible reason. “Plus a couple other medications I can’t remember”
I'm a bit surprised she's not also on lamictal...
What’s interesting is that she’s a psychologist with very significant childhood trauma but fully embraces the disease model. I saw a talk she gave and someone asked her about her approach to therapy and she said I don’t revisit the past we focus on current obstacles.