Laxco microscopes

Started by cmz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I haven't seen or used one before. I checked out their booth at ascp and they kept touting their video casting over the internal network or crap like that. Seemed pointless.
 
If there is $, I would stick with Olympus or Nikon.

FYI. Not all Chinese made microscopes are bad (even Olympus and Nikon have some Chinese made components)
 
There's $ but I have to fight with the preferred corporate vendor 🙂 At any rate, I've demo'd a model from Laxco and I am not very impressed (even though it was said to be similar to the olympus BX53). You're right in that most of the optics are made in China... I can tell you that my fluorites in my olympus at home are way better than the fluorites that I demo'd at work.