Program-Specific Info / Q's Le Moyne College or D'Youville College MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delia17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've heard people are starting to hear back about interviews from Le Moyne and admissions decisions from D'youville. I haven't heard from either one yet but am still hopeful! Does anyone have any advice or would like to share if they have been accepted or are currently in the programs? I'm from Buffalo and getting into D'youville would be so amazing.

Currently I have a 3.5 in the Health and Wellness program at Canisius College with many hours of shadowing and various extracurriculars with leadership positions and great recommendation letters. I'm trying to not get discouraged but all this waiting is really getting to me! Would love to hear back from anyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I am currently a student in Le Moynes OT program, and I absolutely love everything about it! Let me tell you a few things about Le Moyne. First, Le Moyne accepts students based on experience, personal statement, and letters of rec over GPA or GRE/MAT scores. Second, Le Moyne is one of the few OT programs that offers a cadaver lab. Not only is the lab itself amazing, but the anatomist who teaches the course is one of the MOST brilliant and helpful professors on the planet. If you don't understand the material, he will literally go to the lab on a Sunday to help you out. All of our professors have amazing experience and are willing to do anything to help you get through the program, as it is very rigorous (which is typical for OT programs). And third, our program is mental health and community focused. All of our level 1 FW experiences take place in the community. To name a few examples, you could get placed at a women's shelter for homeless women who have severe mental health diagnoses, at a homeless shelter for teenagers, at a drug/alcohol rehab center, or in section 8 housing. This really makes our program unique and different from other programs because we don't shadow OT's at all during our level 1 placements. Instead of observing, we are given the opportunity to think outside the box and learn how to complete the entire OT process during the level 1 experiences. Let me know if you have any more questions! You will probably hear back very soon so hang in there!

Last edited:
That sounds like a really great program! Thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: 1 user