Leadership experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denture base maker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently working on an aadsas application. I have a leadership experience as co-founder, treasurer and then president of a literature club. But our club is inactivated because the previous president did not finish the training and we do not have enough members. I did put a lot effort to do the fundraising and flyer design. Unfortunately, we only sell a few cookies and got three new members. I do not want to say we failed, but we nearly lose all of the old members. Could I still put this experience on ECs? It feel so awkward to put failed leadership.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that if you put it on your app you might have to explain it in an interview. If you say what you wrote up there it might lead to some awk silence, but if you can spin a positive out of it I would say go for it. In the end, your discretion and your application.

Hi,
I am currently working on an aadsas application. I have a leadership experience as co-founder, treasurer and then president of a literature club. But our club is inactivated because the previous president did not finish the training and we do not have enough members. I did put a lot effort to do the fundraising and flyer design. Unfortunately, we only sell a few cookies and got three new members. I do not want to say we failed, but we nearly lose all of the old members. Could I still put this experience on ECs? It feels so awkward to put failed leadership.

Actually, this is a fantastic experience to write about. Why may you ask? Well, it shows that you tried something you were passionate about, it didn't work out but at least you went out and DID IT. I would suggest showing the negative information in a more positive manner, as suggested above. If you can really spin it, you can make it a learned leadership experience, at the very least. Leadership experience can be good or bad, it doesn't always have to be positive. Just be able to explain the experience, what you learned as a leader, how you could improve next time, and if you had the chance to redo everything how would you do it over? Get it?