Leadership vs. Community Service

Started by agt8at
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

agt8at

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization and then developed a leadership role while still volunteering, can I make that two separate activities, leadership and community service? If not, should I label this as community service or leadership?
 
If I was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization and then developed a leadership role while still volunteering, can I make that two separate activities, leadership and community service? If not, should I label this as community service or leadership?
Do you have enough leadership-only hours for a Leadership space to stand on its own? Recall that you can't double-count the hours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization and then developed a leadership role while still volunteering, can I make that two separate activities, leadership and community service? If not, should I label this as community service or leadership?
It may help you to ask the Work/Activities subforum.
 
Are you not able to be specific about the volunteer vs leadership hours? Is this perhaps a future activity?
Sorry, I should’ve been more specific! I had about 30 leadership hours that were separate from volunteering hours, so I guess my questions is if that’s enough hours to stand alone as a separate activity?
 
Sorry, I should’ve been more specific! I had about 30 leadership hours that were separate from volunteering hours, so I guess my questions is if that’s enough hours to stand alone as a separate activity?
Without additional details about responsibilities, I tell people that my committees don't consider activities with fewer than 50 hours except shadowing. Maybe that will help your strategy.