Leadership vs. Community Service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agt8at

Reaction score
If I was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization and then developed a leadership role while still volunteering, can I make that two separate activities, leadership and community service? If not, should I label this as community service or leadership?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I would label it as community service and talk about your impact and leadership in the description box. Don’t separate them as you only have 15 slots and they are the same activity.

Reactions: 2 users
If I was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization and then developed a leadership role while still volunteering, can I make that two separate activities, leadership and community service? If not, should I label this as community service or leadership?
Do you have enough leadership-only hours for a Leadership space to stand on its own? Recall that you can't double-count the hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have enough leadership-only hours for a Leadership space to stand on its own? Recall that you can't double-count the hours.
How many hours would you say is reasonable to be on its own if i had the role for a year?

It may help you to ask the Work/Activities subforum.

Are you not able to be specific about the volunteer vs leadership hours? Is this perhaps a future activity?
Sorry, I should’ve been more specific! I had about 30 leadership hours that were separate from volunteering hours, so I guess my questions is if that’s enough hours to stand alone as a separate activity?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, I should’ve been more specific! I had about 30 leadership hours that were separate from volunteering hours, so I guess my questions is if that’s enough hours to stand alone as a separate activity?
Without additional details about responsibilities, I tell people that my committees don't consider activities with fewer than 50 hours except shadowing. Maybe that will help your strategy.