Learn OMM after med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhiller21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been accepted to both an osteopathic and allopathic program this application cycle and am leaning towards the MD school b/c of the opportunities it may allow for me later on. However, I am very interested in learning some OMM techniques and imagine myself going into a field where they may be applicable (PM and R or family med). My question is, are there courses/fellowships in OMM that I can take that could help me learn some OMM techniques? I don't mean to bash the DO degree at all, it just seems that there is a very real difference in post-grad opportunities when I compare match lists from each school.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

So I have been accepted to both an osteopathic and allopathic program this application cycle and am leaning towards the MD school b/c of the opportunities it may allow for me later on. However, I am very interested in learning some OMM techniques and imagine myself going into a field where they may be applicable (PM and R or family med). My question is, are there courses/fellowships in OMM that I can take that could help me learn some OMM techniques? I don't mean to bash the DO degree at all, it just seems that there is a very real difference in post-grad opportunities when I compare match lists from each school.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Take the MD. There are GME courses on OMM taught by UNECOM that you can take.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
OMM is a critical skill in 99.9% of what docs see on a regular basis. Take the DO.

Did I say that right?

You got the right idea dude. Take MD and then CME if you decide. Also with the merger you could also take an osteopathic recognized program where you could learn OMM skills if you still desire to

Reactions: 1 user