learning how to optimize coding and billing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heathermed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of a course/book/resource on learning how to optimize coding and billing?

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of a course/book/resource on learning how to optimize coding and billing?

thank you!

I’m a prospective fellow and this was sent to me by a faculty member I currently work with. Looks like there’s 1 meeting left for the spring, not sure if they will start up a summer or fall series.

thank you!
Are you in training or finished?
If still in training ask your attendings about setting up a day to sit with billers/coders. When i was a fellow it was required. It was first time i ever heard of an LCD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in training or finished?
If still in training ask your attendings about setting up a day to sit with billers/coders. When i was a fellow it was required. It was first time i ever heard of an LCD.
This times 1000.

When I was in training I befriended the billers. Learn the basics and keep in touch with these people until your're confident in the whole process. I continued to call them in the early days of my own practice. Once you have the basics down, start doing the billing yourself. You'll make mistakes and lose money but it's really the only way to learn. I also predict a 100% chance that you'll get angry when you start seeing the little dirty tricks the payers pull to deny claims. Nothing can sink a practice faster than poor billing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I hope someone out there can help with this topic. It is clear as mud to me. And I am required to do my own determination of my office levels at my practice