Learning material on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bchance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when I looked at some of the study material for the DAT that some of it I have never seen or heard of before....

So I was wondering if its just me... Or do alot of people have to learn things for the first time on their own that they were never introduced to in college?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed that when I looked at some of the study material for the DAT that some of it I have never seen or heard of before....

So I was wondering if its just me... Or do alot of people have to learn things for the first time on their own that they were never introduced to in college?

Yes, you do have to do some self teaching. ESPECIALLY for PAT, and a little bit in biology (depending on your biology background of course). If you've had only basic 100-level biology 1 and 2, then yes your doing to do quite a bit of self teaching.

General chemistry and orgo, I'd say your college courses were more than enough here.

Math, depends on your background, but many of the QR problems are stuff that you either did in highschool or didn't. If you've never had a probability course, then your going to have to learn to set up probability questions. Again, math mostly depends on your background

Reading, nothing to say here