Learning Spanish...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use a program and/or CD set to help learn Spanish?

I am going into EM and although I pick up A LOT in the ED, it would be nice to tidy up the skills a bit.

Any recs???

Members don't see this ad.

I am using McGraw-Hill's Spanish for Healthcare Providers. It has 3 CDs that include lessons (reciting body parts and simulated histories) which I downloaded to my Ipod and play when I go anywhere. The language is clear and there is also a workbook along with it.

I would suggest teaming up with someone else and practicing histories.

I paid $35 on Amazon.com

Buena Suerte

We were discussing this in another forum (sorry forget where)...and many people had luck with the Rosetta Stone series. They ARE expensive (around $300 as I recall), but if it works. I see the kiosks in the airport all the time and contemplate buying one but like most things...gets put off.

Hey bla, congrats on your match. I have a Rosetta Stone that you can have/burn. Send me an email or something.

I am using McGraw-Hill's Spanish for Healthcare Providers. It has 3 CDs that include lessons (reciting body parts and simulated histories) which I downloaded to my Ipod and play when I go anywhere. The language is clear and there is also a workbook along with it.

I would suggest teaming up with someone else and practicing histories.

I paid $35 on Amazon.com

Buena Suerte

I tried Spanish for Healthcare Providers and it didn't work for me. I think it will be very useful once I can (re)learn basic conjugation and get a basic vocabulary. I plan on taking courses at the local university (night and weekend extension classes) this June. I guess I just can't learn a languate outside of a classroom or ER setting.

Sad.