Leaving CSU for a CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bayarea613

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, in a bit of a dilemma
I just started college and now that I’m here, I can safely say I really regret going straight to a 4yr. I’m doing okay academically but mentally not so well. Has anyone heard of leaving A university to go to cc?? Will it affect me poorly in the long run when applying to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know about leaving uni to go to cc, but I do advocate for CC in general. Going to CC for the first two years allowed me to work more flexible hours, which helped me through tuition and I’m finishing undergrad debt free now. If adcoms have something against CC credits, I think my work experience in the dental field for four years during undergrad made up for it.

I don’t know about taking a break from school... If you’re sure about leaving uni, I would finish this semester strong, then go to CC. I’d get a job in the field and start getting experience now. I can see this situation working in your favor on your personal statement or interview process if you can talk about switching schools to aim for low debt and job opportunities.

Reactions: 1 user
Leave of absence. Semester or two off. Mental health >>> school.

Reactions: 1 user