1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

leaving dental school

Discussion in 'Dental' started by ddsfight, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ddsfight

ddsfight Member
    7+ Year Member

I am an international dentist already in USC dental school. I passed CA restorative technique exam( exam conducted by CA dental board for international dentists) , which allows me to take exam for license and then I can prictice only in California.
    now I am in dilemma what to do, leave the school or finish the course.
    Throw some light on it
    TIA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jone

Jone Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

uh so you're asking us to tell you if you should practice strictly in california or if you should get your degree and practice elsewhere? it's your life and your personal decision dude.

4. Nanofill

Nanofill Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student

Just a thought. You might want to stay in the program to keep your options open, if later you decide to practice outside California. You can also use your network @ USC (like finding patients, review materials, tips, etc.) to take the Cal Boards when it is scheduled @ USC. If you could work this out, that'd be great! When you get your CA license, you may already work part-time as a DDS even while still in the process of finishing your program. Whatever you decide, congratulations and good luck!

5. ddsfight

ddsfight Member
    7+ Year Member

I was not asking you to make decisions of my life. I have potential to take my own decisions, it just the situations when one may need some opinions.
    I thought thats why we join the forum and share our thoughts and if anybody need help, we help them like nanofill did.I really appreciate that help.