Leaving Pharmacy Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougarpharm

Reaction score
I have had a inpatient internship for about 5 months now and realize this is not the career path I want to undergo in the future. I am looking for outpatient internships but while I am searching for other job opportunities a lot has gone into my mind of how it would look if I am leaving my current internship for a different one... Would it reflect poorly considering the short amount of time? And how should I give my 2 weeks notice to my current employer? Any suggestions would help :(

Some background is that I am a P1 and the internship is per diem with no 3 year contract like most inpatient jobs in the area. Most of the staff do not like the Director and the techs, pharmacists, and current interns advise me to look elsewhere for job opportunities. Pharmacist and interns at other locations know how poorly ran the internship program at my current hospital is and advise the same (I kid you not). I do not mind tech work at all but I hate being a toxic environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a new job before you leave and don’t worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user