LECOM 3rd and 4th year students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am trying to figure out how good or bad is the organization of clinical rotations at LECOM during 3 and 4 years. Any input? Was it difficult to arrange the rotations? Did you choose from their list or you found your own places to rotate? Does administration help you during these years? You can PM me or post it here. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just started my 3rd year. Clinical rotations are a bit disorganized, particularly since the staff in that department is entirely new. (Although they are absolutely wonderful to work with!) However, there are lists of hospitals to choose from for your core rotations. If you don't have any special requests, I think that the process goes relatively smoothly. You are responsible, however, for setting up your electives and family practice rotation. That is a little more difficult to accomplish. You don't have a lot of guidance with respect to that process, so a lot of confusion comes in there. PM me with any specific questions, and I'd be happy to try to answer them (although, I've only been an MSIII for 7 days!)

I am happy with the process so far. I agree that they have to beef up their staff in the clinical ed office, but i haven't had any problems setting up my core rotations. Any problems I've had with setting up selectives and electives have come from the part of the hospitals not allowing non-affiliate students to rotate there as MS III's. From what I understand this is pretty commonplace and usually isn't a factor come 4th year.

BTW...3rd year is so much better. What a difference it makes to have an actual patient behind a disease. I'm loving it so far, of course it's only day 3.

njdo