Dec 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey!
I've heard about LECOM's 3 year general medicine program and was wondering if anyone has gone through/ is going through it. How does it compare to the regular 4 years? Do you still feel qualified and ready? Can you specialize later or are you stuck in general medicine?

Also I'm still debating DO and MD, so I want to know how in the work place DO's are actually viewed and treated. I know all the stuff about them having the same qualifications, but everytime I mention DO my healthcare friends give me a funny look. What do you guys think?

PunkmedGirl

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey!
I've heard about LECOM's 3 year general medicine program and was wondering if anyone has gone through/ is going through it. How does it compare to the regular 4 years? Do you still feel qualified and ready? Can you specialize later or are you stuck in general medicine?

Also I'm still debating DO and MD, so I want to know how in the work place DO's are actually viewed and treated. I know all the stuff about them having the same qualifications, but everytime I mention DO my healthcare friends give me a funny look. What do you guys think?
Check out the Osteo forum versus the Pre-Osteo.