shane679

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
Can anyone give me an accurate estimate of LECOMs post-interview acceptance percentage. If you only have the number of people interviewed and accepted, I can figure it out from there. I am primarily interested in the FL-campus, but will take either. I was able to calculate the others, but LECOM's information is not contained on the US News website. Thank you for your help and have a great one.

csh

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
Def a good question. I know I got some papers saying that they were hort on applicant and stuff. I think your chances are good! gluck.

got-it

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
virilep said:
Def a good question. I know I got some papers saying that they were hort on applicant and stuff. I think your chances are good! gluck.
How do you know they are short on applicants? I interviewed and await a decision, we are told it takes about 3-4 weeks for a decission depending on the availablity of the Provost...Where did you get that info? I was told on the interview there are a total of 255 spaces available at Erie and around 100 for Florida....

Erie: 30 ISP, 35 PBL, the remainder LBL....If they are short Yahoo for me!!! :thumbup: :D I saw the same info somewhere else on this site, that LECOM was short applicants...are they a good school, what is up with LECOM? thanks -G

About the Ads

DocRadak

Lovin my life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
Bradenton, FL
Status
Its actually between 150-160 available spots for the FL campus, not 100.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status
virilep said:
BS. Even if it were true, LECOM would never release that. Applicants have been put on hold for Florida campus for the past month, there's no shortage.

got-it

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
(nicedream) said:
BS. Even if it were true, LECOM would never release that. Applicants have been put on hold for Florida campus for the past month, there's no shortage.
sorry about the odd number for FL campus. I think my Erie PBL/ISP are only off by one or two....

Yes, I cannot see the benifit of a school releasing information as such. If they wanted to market they would go out and get folks rather spread rumors... I like LECOM...ah, has anyone gotten acceptances from Lecom=Erie who interviewed in Feb? thanks -G

jjsmalls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
got-it said:
sorry about the odd number for FL campus. I think my Erie PBL/ISP are only off by one or two....

Yes, I cannot see the benifit of a school releasing information as such. If they wanted to market they would go out and get folks rather spread rumors... I like LECOM...ah, has anyone gotten acceptances from Lecom=Erie who interviewed in Feb? thanks -G
I interviewed Feb 7th, and just received an acceptance to the PBL pathway on Friday, Feb 25th.

PBL has 40 students, ISP is unlimited but usu. around 40, and LDP has 150.

There is no shortage of applicants. Some applicants have been put on hold (some for over 60 days-post interview), and this is totally separate from those being waitlisted.

got-it

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
jjsmalls said:
I interviewed Feb 7th, and just received an acceptance to the PBL pathway on Friday, Feb 25th.

There is no shortage of applicants. Some applicants have been put on hold (some for over 60 days-post interview), and this is totally separate from those being waitlisted.
What do you mean "put on hold" vs. waitlisted, these people don't make the cut or what??? I hope I'm not one of those!!! -G

aphasia

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
S L T, CA
Status
jjsmalls said:

Dr. Andrews, head of ISP, told me that there were 30 slots for ISP and there were people in LDP on the waitlist for it.
I read a post somewhere that said they interview 800 people for 240 slots. I suppose they could accept up to 255.
Hope this helps!

jjsmalls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
got-it said:
What do you mean "put on hold" vs. waitlisted, these people don't make the cut or what??? I hope I'm not one of those!!! -G
"put on hold" means they interviewed but have not received any decison-not accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They have been told, though, either through e-mail or snail mail, that they were "on hold."

annh31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Status
I'm sure they still got a lot of applicants, but I'm not sure how many of those people sent in that whopping $1500 deposit (this is for Erie, I don't know how it is for FL.) They sent me a letter last month saying that they would still take my deposit if I wanted to send it in (despite interviewing in October) and that they were extending the deadline to March 1 or something. So, IMO, they might have applicants, but I'm not sure if they have people holding spots.

Good luck, though.

got-it

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
jjsmalls said:
"put on hold" means they interviewed but have not received any decison-not accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They have been told, though, either through e-mail or snail mail, that they were "on hold."
Ouch, I hope I don't go that route.....

About the Ads