LECOM acceptance stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickdogg81

Orthotern
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what the stats or odds are concerning the number of interviews at LECOM to the number of acceptances? Anyone...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if any of us would have the statistics but you might want to try one of those college guides for med school. I remember seeing some LECOM stats in one or two. Don't expect to find a lot of statistics about LECOM- our school doesn't like to share very much.

Dr_Sax

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed last month and asked this question at the interview, but the admissions counselor didn't know the answer. She did say they interview 650 students. They have 220-230 students at the Lake Erie campus and 150 at the Bradenton Campus.

Just from what I've read about other schools, I would estimate they would send out at least 500 acceptances to fill those 370 seats.

If you reached the interview process it would seem you would have a better than a 75% chance. Good luck.

I remember something from last year about LECOM offering 700-750 interviews for the 227 spots. That doesn't include this years FL spots.

Originally posted by sge1970

Just from what I've read about other schools, I would estimate they would send out at least 500 acceptances to fill those 370 seats.

Side note:

You ever sit and think how much money is made from 370 students paying around 30K a year?

Thats a little income.....

It is a lot of Money. Maybe I should go into the DO school bussiness. Just a small correction, LECOM in state tuition is $23,500 and out of state is $24,500. Don't want to give folks any more sticker shock then is necessary.

Originally posted by Green912
It is a lot of Money. Maybe I should go into the DO school bussiness. Just a small correction, LECOM in state tuition is $23,500 and out of state is $24,500. Don't want to give folks any more sticker shock then is necessary.

My bad... I was just doing a quick point. 24K isn't that bad compared to some of the other schools.

Good point. If I remember correctly LECOM has the lowest out-of-state tuition of all the DO schools.

The way I see it, it makes no difference to me since I can't even fathom that amount of cash!! 23k, 40k, what the hell, I'm going to be paying it off for the rest of my life either way!! :rolleyes:

My favorite LECOM financial statistic involves the graduation fee. 225 students paying $250/year for 4 years = $225,000 graduation ceremony. Quite honestly, this had better be the most extravagant graduation ceremony in history(I'm talking open bar and lobster for everyone extravagant), or else I'm going to feel cheated!!!:wow: :hardy:

Originally posted by sddoc
My favorite LECOM financial statistic involves the graduation fee. 225 students paying $250/year for 4 years = $225,000 graduation ceremony. Quite honestly, this had better be the most extravagant graduation ceremony in history(I'm talking open bar and lobster for everyone extravagant), or else I'm going to feel cheated!!!:wow: :hardy:

Oh no....dont forget to add the Pharm class starting with the class of 2005 (they only have 3 years). The graduations will be together in the Tuillio Arena....not the Warner theatre. Thats another 60+students $250/yr X 3yrs. =$45,000. Add that....and your sitting nicely at $270,000. OVER A QUARTER MILLION IN ERIE PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stomper

LOL, how do you think they get doctors to leave or limit their practice to teach med students!?? There would have to be some "fair" compenstation involved, don't ya think?:laugh: